13 years virtual tour

list
I presented yesterday the new virtual tour of the Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna in Rome, one of the biggest museum in Italy.
 Along with the new version, there is the 2009 version and the 2000 tour, so it’s a 13 years work ;-)
 New version displays 120 panoramas, with 38 of them that are bigger than 1 gigapixel, the rest about 1/2 gigapixel. Very basic interface, but with all artworks linked (600 links) to the museum database.
 Some movements and videos around.
 http://www.gnam.beniculturali.it/index.php?it/456/virtualgnam-visita-a-360
 (Sorry there is no english version, hope they can make it soon…)

 Toni

Convert to movie?

David Palermo
Does anyone know of a program that will convert a 360 to a video that will auto-pan?

Thanks,

David

Re: Convert to movie?

Am 27.02.2014 15:00, schrieb David Palermo:
> Does anyone know of a program that will convert a 360 to a video that will auto-pan?

-> http://pano2movie.com/

RE: 13 years virtual tour

bruce.frith
This is some fantastic work. The quality of your images is very sharp, what camera did you use for this? Have you used Krpano software to compile the viewer?

 Bruce

Re: Convert to movie?

benknill-2
Hi David,

You can make auto-play presentations with our platform beek.co. You can
turn them into apps now as well.

Create an account and I'll explain how to set it up.

Cheers

Ben

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Ben Knill <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> You can make auto-play presentations with our platform beek.co. You can
> turn them into apps now as well.
>
> Create an account and I'll explain how to set it up.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ben
>

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 3:00 AM, David Palermo <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>

>> Does anyone know of a program that will convert a 360 to a video that
>> will auto-pan?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David
>>

> --
> *Ben Knill*
>
> *Beek CEO*
> *Tel: 022 6586424 <022%206586424>*

RE: 13 years virtual tour

Briar
This is staggering. So accurate and, for their size, fast loading for me.

Yours is the “virtual” work of art.

Re: 13 years virtual tour

Zarl
Hi Toni,

that is an incredibly nice tour, also the links to the database are a
great way to explore all about the artwork.

I really like what you call a "very basic interface", it doesn't
distract visitors from the paintings and objects.

Carl

RE: 13 years virtual tour

list
Hi Bruce, I used the 35mm zeiss (the cheap one) with D800e for the hi-res panos, and 16mm + d800e for the other panos. The general view from outside is with a very old and sharp Nikon 105mm.
 Krpano vrtour template was adapted adding some buttons for map opening, infos for room, and to hide all hotspots.  I spent some days to find a way to navigate from pano to pano having the same orientation.
 (like google Streetview). Seems stupid but was the most difficult coding for me: the tour was already finished and I realize that only this type of navigation was really effective.
 As I was saying to Carl von Einem, the links to the database transform the tour from a fascinating toy to a tool for the knowledge of art.
 I'm pushing the Museum staff to compile all the database cards with photos and with translation in different languages.

 Thanks, Toni
 PS. I do not have secrets about my coding, I'm a very naive compiler, but I can send the xml files for those who are interested in.

Re: 13 years virtual tour

Douglas-2
Hi Toni
Congratulations
Lookin Great!
-------------------
Douglas Cape
Director of Photography Z360
http://www.z360.com

Re: 13 years virtual tour

Zarl
Posted by: toni.garbasso on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:16 am ((PST))

> I used the 35mm zeiss (the cheap one) with D800e for the hi-res
> panos, and 16mm + d800e for the other panos. The general view
> from outside is with a very old and sharp Nikon 105mm.

I have similar experiences with a Nikkor Ai-S 135/2.8 which is quite
sharp if used on the D800e in FX mode.

Very compact lens and also affordable at the time :-)
http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/ais13528.jpg

Carl