360 Video stitching software

PanoTools NG mailing list
Hi everyone,

 I'm looking for a tool that will stitch about 10 videos into one over-under 360 video for Oculus.

 I'm aware of Kolor, PTGui and Hugin (well the last two are really PanoTools).

 Is there anything else for video?

 Thanks a lot in advance!

 Anton.

Re: 360 Video stitching software

PanoTools NG mailing list
Am 27.08.2015 um 08:04 schrieb [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG]:
> Is there anything else for video?

-> http://www.video-stitch.com/

no personal experience :-(

Re: 360 Video stitching software

PanoTools NG mailing list
Thank you Erik.

 According do their website they require PTGui to do the stitching. It seems that they sync and decode the videos but use PTGui to stitch them.

Am 27.08.2015 um 15:30 schrieb [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG]:

> According do their website they require PTGui to do the stitching. It
> seems that they sync and decode the videos but use PTGui to stitch
> them.

Really? I got the impression they use it for template creation and lens
calibration only. That would be little service for 1000€, since you can
script decoding video with ffmpeg yourself. For sync you would need a
video cutting solution, but there are professional yet free ones. Have a
look at daVinci Resolve, which also does a superb color grading. No
personal experience again...

Re: 360 Video stitching software

PanoTools NG mailing list
The benefits of VideoStitch are quite vast when you start processing a lots of
videos.

- The exposure correction with key frames that blend between. that can be
automated to x frames. This becomes important when the camera is moving and
different cameras point to the brighter locations over time. Can not lock the
exposures on GoPro.

-Add your own global exposure and color changes with key frames.

-Synchronization can be a pain when you have 16 cameras recording 360° stereo.
Being able to view them all in VideoStitch at once helps a lot.

-Stabilization of video to remove micro motion and vibration.

-Add you own yrp correction using key frames.

-Setting start and end cut points to only process the frames needed.

- Live preview of the stitched video, also as interactive. Easy to spot
stitching errors where subject moves closer to the seam.

Using the GPU to get higher frame processing times per second.
With my 660ti I can get 6k at about 8 to 10 fps, Batching on PTGui I think I am
just under 2 fps.

VideoStitch can do the alignment but better results are achieved by using PTGui
or Hugin to create the templates.

Jim

On 2015-08-27 11:42 AM, Erik Krause [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] wrote:

> Am 27.08.2015 um 15:30 schrieb [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG]:
>
>> According do their website they require PTGui to do the stitching. It
>> seems that they sync and decode the videos but use PTGui to stitch
>> them.
> Really? I got the impression they use it for template creation and lens
> calibration only. That would be little service for 1000€, since you can
> script decoding video with ffmpeg yourself. For sync you would need a
> video cutting solution, but there are professional yet free ones. Have a
> look at daVinci Resolve, which also does a superb color grading. No
> personal experience again...
>
> Erik Krause

Jim Watters
http://photocreations.ca

Re: 360 Video stitching software

PanoTools NG mailing list
Thank you very much.

 Interestingly enough when I install Video Stitch it asks for location of PTGui.

 Are you aware perhaps of any other video stitching packages.

Re: 360 Video stitching software

Yes, the next reply described the differences.

 Thank you.

Re: 360 Video stitching software

PanoTools NG mailing list
Hi Anton,

 In the latest version of Kolor Autopano Video we introduced many new options that were previously only accessible in Autopano Giga, so you really needed Autopano Giga while working in Autopano Video, like :
 horizon correction Color correction You should watch the 360° video creation workflow, it’s a 25-minute video explaining how to setup your cameras, synchronize the source video streams and stitch the videos together:
 http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/view/Autopano_Video_Documentation http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/view/Autopano_Video_Documentation

 I hope this helps,
 Rami

Re: 360 Video stitching software