360Precision Atome

Ingemar Bergmark
Does anybody out there know if you can lock the Atome rotator?
The reason for the locking is in those instances where you want to take
a horizontal pole-pano...
I'm looking for a zero-footprint panohead for the Nikkor 10.5, and this
one seems to be quite nice with its quick-release.

/ Ingemar
http://panographer.net

Re: 360Precision Atome

Matthew Rogers - 360Precision
Hi Ingemar,

        We'll be released a version with an external locking mechanism
shortly. However you can simply tighten both of the ball plungers to
lock the current Atome.

        Just another question ? Why choose the list to ask the question
instead of via the 360Precision website ??????

Matthew Rogers
360Precision Ltd

On 11 Jan 2009, at 09:57, Ingemar Bergmark wrote:

> Does anybody out there know if you can lock the Atome rotator?
> The reason for the locking is in those instances where you want to
> take
> a horizontal pole-pano...
> I'm looking for a zero-footprint panohead for the Nikkor 10.5, and
> this
> one seems to be quite nice with its quick-release.
>
> / Ingemar
> http://panographer.net
>

> __._,_._

Re: 360Precision Atome

Keith Martin-2
Sometime around 11/1/09 (at 10:49 +0000) Matthew Rogers said:

>you can simply tighten both of the ball plungers to
>lock the current Atome.

And a bit of duct tape would do the job too, if this is a one-off
thing that you do 'in the field' and normally use it in the more
regular way.

Re: 360Precision Atome

Ingemar Bergmark
--- In [hidden email], Matthew Rogers <matthew@...
> wrote:
>
> Hi Ingemar,
>
> We'll be released a version with an external locking
> mechanism  shortly.

Sounds great.

> Just another question ? Why choose the list to ask the
> question  instead of via the 360Precision website ??????

I was planning to ask on the 360Precision website first, but then I
also wanted to hear if others might have already used it in the way I
described. Instead of posting the same question twice I decided to
only post here...

/ Ingemar

Re: 360Precision Atome

Matthew Rogers wrote:

> Just another question ? Why choose the list to ask the question
> instead of via the 360Precision website ??????

Why do you bother? You are present here and the answer reaches a wide
audience. It might be of interest for users who don't frequent your page
and it might even attract new customers if they read here.

And you are free to publish the announcement on your page anyway...

Re: 360Precision Atome

tunaykan
Matthew Rogers (360Precision) is a thief.
He did not send me the product I bought.
I will take legal action against him