7 To GO [nyc2012]

AYRTON - avi
Guys
Sorry for cross posting again

But have you all seen all the incredible workshops that you can loose if
you don't attend ...

We still have 7, yes, only SEVEN magic tickets to go to:  <www.nyc2012.org>

And the list of speakers are so cool, that you'll regret not being there :-)

Take a look : <http://www.nyc2012.org/cat/speakers/>

And hurry to grab your ticket ASAP

<http://nyc2012.ticketbud.com/nyc2012>

See you there :-)

Cheers

 *AYRTON360  *

*Director of  Marketing and PR for the IVRPA*

[image: Inline image 1]

+ 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
http://ayrton360.com
twitter.com/ayrton360

*"It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."*

ivrpa_logo.png (30K) Download Attachment

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

Bill Bailey
Can't believe 11 people from Brazil are coming. Even B&H Photo has site for Brazil. The Brazilians are taking over.
Maybe one year we might see IVRPA conference in Rio :-)

Cheers
Bill
Bill Bailey L.L.C. dba Nodal Ninja
Exclusive Distributor Fanotec Products and Leica GS Laser Scanner Adapters
www.nodalninja.com
"turning heads and expanding horizons"

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

Willy Kaemena
Bill  don't underestimate Brazil.... they have a lot of inhabitants  192 Mio.  on 3.2 Mio sq mi.    ( USA 313Mio on 3.2 Mio sq mi)

Willy

On May 26, 2012, at 15:20, Bill Bailey wrote:

> Can't believe 11 people from Brazil are coming. Even B&H Photo has site for
> Brazil. The Brazilians are taking over.
> Maybe one year we might see IVRPA conference in Rio :-)
>
> Cheers
> Bill
>
> -----
> Bill Bailey L.L.C. dba Nodal Ninja
> Exclusive Distributor Fanotec Products and Leica GS Laser Scanner Adapters
> www.nodalninja.com
> "turning heads and expanding horizons"

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

Bostjan Burger
Don't underestimate Brazil. It is a huge country with cities hi developed. It is the sixth World economy and with almost 200 million population, app. like United Kingdom + Germany + France. And what is very important in a time of recession ... Brazil is the World fastest growing economy. The most important Wold event is going to held there in 2014, not by coincidence... ;)

Bostjan

________________________________

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

pedro_silva58
--- In [hidden email], Bill Bailey <bill@...> wrote:
> The Brazilians are taking over.
says he, whose business partner is from...?
;-)
pedro

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

AYRTON - avi
On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Bostjan Burger <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Don't underestimate Brazil. It is a huge country with cities hi developed.
> It is the sixth World economy and with almost 200 million population, app.
> like United Kingdom + Germany + France. And what is very important in a
> time of recession ... Brazil is the World fastest growing economy. The most
> important Wold event is going to held there in 2014, not by coincidence...
> ;)

2014 the World Cup in Brazil ...

and don't forget :

in 2016
The Olympic Games
in MY town, Rio de Janeiro
:-)

cheers from sunny Rio
AYRTON

> Bostjan
>
>   ------------------------------

Yeahhhhhhh

my dear friend Bill

we got 11 to come this time
and
Most of them are "close friends" :-)

I dare to say 73% :-)

Let's go on

cheers

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Bill Bailey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can't believe 11 people from Brazil are coming. Even B&H Photo has site for
> Brazil. The Brazilians are taking over.
> Maybe one year we might see IVRPA conference in Rio :-)
>
> Cheers
> Bill
>
> -----
> Bill Bailey L.L.C. dba Nodal Ninja
> Exclusive Distributor Fanotec Products and Leica GS Laser Scanner Adapters
> www.nodalninja.com
> "turning heads and expanding horizons"

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

Bill Bailey
pedro_silva58 wrote
--- In [hidden email], Bill Bailey <bill@...> wrote:
> The Brazilians are taking over.
says he, whose business partner is from...?
;-)
pedro
mmmm - Brazil !!
we'll miss you not being there :-(
www.nodalninja.com
"turning heads and expanding horizons"

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

pedro_silva58
for several reasons, i do wish i could go, but i can't :-(
if i could, i'd surely take a bottle of wine... or three ;-)
cheers,
pedro

--- In [hidden email], Bill Bailey <bill@...> wrote:
> pedro_silva58 wrote
> we'll miss you not being there :-(
>
> -----
> Bill Bailey L.L.C. dba Nodal Ninja
> Exclusive Distributor Fanotec Products and Leica GS Laser Scanner Adapters
> www.nodalninja.com
> "turning heads and expanding horizons"

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

Trausti Hraunfjord
I would have loved to be able to go, same for Palmela 2011 and Tucson 2010,
but I have been put in a situation that makes it completely impossible.

In 2009 I lost my passport during a trip to the Amazon jungle, and upon
returning to the capital I went to the Icelandic consular office, only to
be told that it is no longer possible to renew or replace a passport
through the consular service any more.  I will have to go to Iceland or one
of the 7 Icelandic embassies (5 in Europe, one in the US and one in China)
where they are equipped with the proper machines to receive passport
applications.
My problem is that I can impossibly travel to any of these embassies or to
Iceland without having.... a valid passport.  Having lost mine, ensures
that I will not be going anywhere any time soon (or ever).  I have brought
this issue up with all members of the Icelandic parliament, issued a formal
complaint to the Ombudsman for the Icelandic parliament, who rubber stamped
the actions of the system as "ok", disregarding the fact that my freedom of
movement has been removed without a backing by the law, and in a complete
violation of the human rights conventions (both the UN and European human
rights, to which Iceland is a party).

I will have to sue Iceland and the responsible ministers and institutional
leaders for breaking my human rights (actually there are 12 different
conventions they have broken on me by their evil doings)... but before I
can do that, I have to pursue the matter through the Icelandic judicial
system, and by living down in Peru, I am not well equipped to show up in
court in Iceland and present my case, plus, I need to apply for this
process through the minister of justice and human rights in Iceland, and he
is incidentally one of those whom I will be charging with human rights
violations (personally)... so I am really in a blind alley for the time
being.  If I request for this matter to be taken up in the human rights
commission without having exhausted all possible legal venues in Iceland,
the case will be dismissed before it ever gets anywhere.  3 years have
passed by now, and no solution in sight.

Not the simplest of problems to run into, and this is thanks to an
agreement Iceland was "forced" to make with some European body... in order
to make travel "more safe"... while the same requirements are not forced
upon European nationals.

Well... this is my bullet-proof reason for not being able to attend any
meeting outside Peru.  I do however wish everyone all the best of
experience during the gathering, and will be looking forward to the stories
that will come from there.

Trausti

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

Sacha Griffin
Ask for a temporary travel document.
http://www.iceland.is/iceland-abroad/uk/consular-services/passport/

I'm sure you can prove citizenship. If you've lost all your Icelandic proof
of identity you may have some trouble.

Sacha Griffin
http://www.seeit360.com
http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
IM: [hidden email]
Office: 404-551-4275

On May 26, 2012, at 4:21 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <

[...]

Trausti

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

L.D.I. Felipe B. González
Trausti, can tou apply for a double nationality? Just asking.

--
L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
[hidden email]

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

Willy Kaemena
Sacha here is the problem:    "Icelandic nationals who wish to apply for a new passport must do so in person at the Embassy. Passports are issued in Iceland and the estimated processing time is approximately 10 working days.
Please note that consuls can no longer receive applications for new passports. However, they can extend passports and issue provisional and emergency passports."
= no way to do it IN Peru

Willy

On May 26, 2012, at 22:32, Sacha Griffin wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Not the simplest of problems to run into, and this is thanks to an agreement Iceland was "forced" to make with some European body... in order to make travel "more safe"... while the same requirements are not forced upon European nationals.
>>
>> Well... this is my bullet-proof reason for not being able to attend any meeting outside Peru.  I do however wish everyone all the best of experience during the gathering, and will be looking forward to the stories that will come from there.

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

Sacha Griffin
So Iceland just loses x number of citizens each year as they get stuck in
random countries?? That doesn't seem right.

[...]

Correct Willy.

The emergency passport, is one that is NOT internationally accepted as a
valid official document, entirely hand-written with nothing for computers
to read from.  I was told by the foreign minstry's public service
department, that should I decide to try and travel to Iceland on an
emergency passport, I should not show it to anyone unless absolutely
necessary, and I should be aware that it could get me into problems (arrest
for trying to travel on fraudulent papers).  I will not try any such thing.
Being here in South America is great, but they do get serious about
official papers, and if they sense there to be anything wrong, there is a
need for huge bribes... or jail time.  And who want's to spend ANY amount
of time in a South American jail?  Not me for sure!

This is not a situation I would wish upon anyone except the very people who
have created this situation.  I would love for them to end up in a Thai
prison and be forgotten in there forever.

Trausti

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Willy Kaemena <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> is incidentally one of those whom I will be charging with human rights
> violations (personally)... so I am really in a blind alley for the time
> being.  If I request for this matter to be taken up in the human rights
> commission without having exhausted all possible legal venues in Iceland,
> the case will be dismissed before it ever gets anywhere.  3 years have
> passed by now, and no solution in sight.
>
> Not the simplest of problems to run into, and this is thanks to an
> agreement Iceland was "forced" to make with some European body... in order
> to make travel "more safe"... while the same requirements are not forced
> upon European nationals.
>
> Well... this is my bullet-proof reason for not being able to attend any
> meeting outside Peru.  I do however wish everyone all the best of
> experience during the gathering, and will be looking forward to the stories

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

DemonDuck
Try to get a visa to the U.S.  It's supposedly very easy.

Failing that, just walk across the Mexican/American border like millions of others do.  I'll meet you on the U.S. side and give you a ride to a train station or airport to get to the Iceland Embassy in Wash. D.C.

Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

> I would have loved to be able to go, same for Palmela 2011 and Tucson 2010,
> but I have been put in a situation that makes it completely impossible.
>
> In 2009 I lost my passport during a trip to the Amazon jungle, and upon
> returning to the capital I went to the Icelandic consular office, only to
> be told that it is no longer possible to renew or replace a passport
> through the consular service any more.  I will have to go to Iceland or one
> of the 7 Icelandic embassies (5 in Europe, one in the US and one in China)
> where they are equipped with the proper machines to receive passport
> applications.
> My problem is that I can impossibly travel to any of these embassies or to
> Iceland without having.... a valid passport.  Having lost mine, ensures
> that I will not be going anywhere any time soon (or ever).  I have brought
> this issue up with all members of the Icelandic parliament, issued a formal
> complaint to the Ombudsman for the Icelandic parliament, who rubber stamped
> the actions of the system as "ok", disregarding the fact that my freedom of
> movement has been removed without a backing by the law, and in a complete
> violation of the human rights conventions (both the UN and European human
> rights, to which Iceland is a party).
>
> I will have to sue Iceland and the responsible ministers and institutional
> leaders for breaking my human rights (actually there are 12 different
> conventions they have broken on me by their evil doings)... but before I
> can do that, I have to pursue the matter through the Icelandic judicial
> system, and by living down in Peru, I am not well equipped to show up in
> court in Iceland and present my case, plus, I need to apply for this
> process through the minister of justice and human rights in Iceland, and he
> is incidentally one of those whom I will be charging with human rights
> violations (personally)... so I am really in a blind alley for the time
> being.  If I request for this matter to be taken up in the human rights
> commission without having exhausted all possible legal venues in Iceland,
> the case will be dismissed before it ever gets anywhere.  3 years have
> passed by now, and no solution in sight.
>
> Not the simplest of problems to run into, and this is thanks to an
> agreement Iceland was "forced" to make with some European body... in order
> to make travel "more safe"... while the same requirements are not forced
> upon European nationals.
>
> Well... this is my bullet-proof reason for not being able to attend any
> meeting outside Peru.  I do however wish everyone all the best of
> experience during the gathering, and will be looking forward to the stories
> that will come from there.
>
> Trausti

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

L.D.I. Felipe B. González
Ken, I´m afraid that Perú is very far away south from Mexico. And you don´t
have to walk all the way, I´ve seen people riding cargo trains towards the
USA (a sad view, btw).

Greetings from the subtropical rehions of Mexico

P.S. Trausti: If you take this option, let me invite you a nice cold
mexican beer when you pass through my city. I promise it would be viking
approved.

--
L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
[hidden email]
1998-5246
www.fpk.com.mx
http://recorridosvirtuales.wordpress.com/<http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/>

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

Trausti Hraunfjord
:)
For Icelandic citizens to get a US visa, no problem at all... the same goes
for Icelanders getting visa to other parts of the world.. .no problems,
since the country does not have any military or ambitions of world
domination :)  But without a fully valid bio-passport (the new type), I
won't get any visa, and with the emergency passport, I would be arrested
upon arrival to the US, which doesn't accept the emergency passport in any
way or form.  Walking across the US/Mexico border... I would have to cross
several borders before getting there...

Peru/Ecuador
Ecuador/Colombia
Colombia/Panama
Panama/Costa Rica
Costa Rica/Nicaragua
Nicaragua/Honduras
Honduras/Guatemala
Guatemala/Mexico
Not exactly making things simpler... but absolutely more interesting :)

Trausti

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Ken Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > violations (personally)... so I am really in a blind alley for the time
> > being. If I request for this matter to be taken up in the human rights
> > commission without having exhausted all possible legal venues in Iceland,
> > the case will be dismissed before it ever gets anywhere. 3 years have
> > passed by now, and no solution in sight.
> >
> > Not the simplest of problems to run into, and this is thanks to an
> > agreement Iceland was "forced" to make with some European body... in
> order
> > to make travel "more safe"... while the same requirements are not forced
> > upon European nationals.
> >
> > Well... this is my bullet-proof reason for not being able to attend any
> > meeting outside Peru. I do however wish everyone all the best of
> > experience during the gathering, and will be looking forward to the

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

Christian Bloch-2

> Try to get a visa to the U.S. It's supposedly very easy.

That's a very common misconception, typically expressed only by US Citizens who never applied for a visa. It's a crazy expensive, timely, and borderline invasive procedure. Attorneys rule this field and leave out no opportunity to enrich themselves.

Blochi

Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

DemonDuck
Yes, long walk but think of all the opportunities for a pano :-)

And I guess I really don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to international travel.  I rarely even leave my home town.

12