Quantcast

Canyoning VR

Ignacio Ferrando Margelí-3
Hi,

 last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...

http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero

 Nikon D3 + 16mm

 regards

Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

Abaco Digital

http://www.abaco-digital.com

Re: Canyoning VR

Carlos Chegado - carloschegado.com
Ignacio, fantastic work as usual.

Os melhores cumprimentos,
Best regards,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carlos Chegado

Olho de Peixe Lda
Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99

|| Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
twitter.com/carloschegado ||

www.xprints.com ||

|| 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||

On 29-06-2010 11:31, Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:

> Hi,
>
> last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
>
> http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
>
> Nikon D3 + 16mm
>
> regards

Re: Canyoning VR

Treehouse of Blue Ridge
Thank you for sharing!

Dee
www.treehouseofblueridge.com

Re: Canyoning VR

Ron Rack
Yet another death- defying, remarkable pano, very well done. Thanks
for showing us.

ron rack

http://360around.com

On Jun 29, 2010, at 6:31 AM, Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:

> Hi,
>
> last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
>
> http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
>
> Nikon D3 + 16mm
>
> regards

Re: Canyoning VR

Bostjan Burger
Bravo!

:) Bostjan

________________________________

Re: Canyoning VR

Henri Smeets
Sheesh, please stop doing that Ingnacio, you're setting the bar so high, literally as well as figuratively!

I got inspired by 'El Delphin' (I think it was called) you did some time ago, made me get seriously into panoramics, thanks again!

Actually did some climbing myself nearby in Extarri and Echauri. No way though i'm hauling a D3 along, even if I had one that is!

Re: Canyoning VR

crane

On Tue, June 29, 2010 11:31 am, Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:
> Hi,
>

> last week I made am VR of canyoning on Guara sierra (Huesca) ...
>
> http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
 what is the green thing above the carabeener ?

Re: Canyoning VR

Am 29.06.2010 20:56, schrieb mick crane:
>> >  http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=elvero
>   what is the green thing above the carabeener ?

A belay device, most likely a simple ATC:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belay_devices

Re: Canyoning VR

crane

On Tue, June 29, 2010 8:54 pm, Erik Krause wrote:

>> what is the green thing above the carabeener ?
>
> A belay device, most likely a simple ATC:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belay_devices

I tried this briefly. the mechanics are interesting, for abseiling this is
like a double twist of a thin cord wrapped around the rope and attached to
you which by holding lets the rope slip through but if you let go it snags
and you do not fall. or one of those sprung teethed things that grab if
let go. I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
operational.
mick

[OT] rappel devices (was: Canyoning VR)

Am 29.06.2010 22:14, schrieb mick crane:

> I cannot see how in the photograph the green thing with 2 ropes is
> operational.

You cannot see it because the perspective doesn't show it. But I can
assure you: it works. ;-) But it doesn't lock automatically.

This kind of belay and rappel device is nothing but a refined version of
the original Sticht plate.

You have several views here: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/ATC_Guide
If you pull the ropes down into the narrower slots, you get more friction.

Re: [OT] rappel devices (was: Canyoning VR)

Ignacio Ferrando Margelí-3
It's this

http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/belay-devices/reverso-3

Enviado desde mi iPhone