DevalVR

Bill Ward
Hi all
Its been a while since I posted anything on any forums, but I was just wondering about DevalVr standalone. A quick look for the download brings up the news, to me anyway, that DevalVr is discontinued
http://www.devalvr.com/index.php/en/discontinued
When did this happen? It was really excellent. I know FSPviewer is still available. There have been many (and continuing) tech changes along the way.
I'm not sure about Adobe flash projector any more either, is that still functional? Or any other standalone non web based presentation method?

Cheers
Bill

Re: DevalVR

PanoTools NG mailing list
The best method is Krpano using the standalone server. You can use Krpanos
html5 output if you wish too.
Krpano is probably 95% of the market these days so it's good to know
anyway.
The droplets make it easy to build out a project from source images.
Buy Krpano, extract, drag all images onto vtour mres droplet, open
testingserver.exe, navigate to your folder, click the onscreen link to
launch the browser.
If using flash you don't need the testing server, but due to security
settings JavaScript prevents the mouse wheel from working.

Sacha Griffin
http://www.seeit360.com
http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
IM: [hidden email]
Office: 404-551-4275

On Jan 28, 2015, at 4:54 PM, "Bill Ward [hidden email]
[PanoToolsNG]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all
Its been a while since I posted anything on any forums, but I was just
wondering about DevalVr standalone. A quick look for the download brings up
the news, to me anyway, that DevalVr is discontinued
http://www.devalvr.com/index.php/en/discontinued
When did this happen? It was really excellent. I know FSPviewer is still
available. There have been many (and continuing) tech changes along the way.
I'm not sure about Adobe flash projector any more either, is that still
functional? Or any other standalone non web based presentation method?

Cheers
Bill

Re: DevalVR

Hi Bill,

 Unfortunately, I lost the devalvr.com domain, and my former business partner (current owner) unilaterally has decided to post that message about the discontinuation of the software. I can't do anything for this child behavior.

 Anyway, the player is not discontinued. I will continue updating the player
 and adding more features in the future. At this moment I use the player like the firmware of my camera, to capture images from several image sensors, and I will use it to connect to my 360 camera remotely, to play 360 videos and more...

 You can download the player here http://www.videopanoramas.com/videopanoramas-player/ http://www.videopanoramas.com/videopanoramas-player/

 best regards!
 Armando

Re: DevalVR

Hi Bill!

On 28 Jan 2015, at 21:49, Bill Ward [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG]
wrote:

> Its been a while since I posted anything on any forums, but I was just
> wondering about DevalVr standalone.

Good to hear from Fiero that DevalVR isn't dead, although was there ever
a Mac version?
The big issue for me (other than cross-platform support) is using
something that has a clear future and is under active development. I've
been caught out by software and format dead ends many times over the
last couple of decades! :)

Standalone delivery is a bit difficult to achieve today. Where we could
once provide a single QTVR .mov file, now we have fistfuls of folders
and files to handle. HTML is the underlying framework for practically
everything now, but some tricks don't work well or at all when run from
local files.

Is it possible to just go with online web-based publishing? It's much
easier now to publish pano online and provide web links for people to
follow. it's not quite the same as local/offline standalone delivery,
but Internet access is pretty much a given these days.

Alternatives you may want to consider...

I've had recent experimental success with panos in fixed-layout (FXL)
EPUB, which is essentially HTML/CSS/JavaScript wrapped up in a
formally-defined structure and read using standard e-reader apps. This
is still a bit of a challenge to do as the major publishing tools don't
(yet) provide easy ways to embed arbitrary custom HTML content.
- Adobe InDesign CC 2014.1 (interactive FXL EPUB)
- CircularFLO (InDesign add-on, has better FXL EPUB features)
- QuarkXPress 2015 (interactive FXL EPUB, not out until March)

The HTML rendering abilities of LiveCode (custom software creation
toolkit, now open-source) are improving dramatically with each update.
When I last experimented with this I did manage to show HTML5 pano
content within a custom app. It's still not the simplest thing in the
world, but for true local and offline standalone delivery it's an
interesting option.
- LiveCode.com

Re: DevalVR

Bill Ward
Thanks for that info, though it seems more involved than I'm prepared to contemplate at the moment, though I will have a look. I think html5 works ok offline, with a browser to view, though not quite what I really want;

Thanks
Bill

Re: DevalVR

Bill Ward
Hi Armando
I'm really glad the player is still going to be around, I do like it a lot. Off line presentation seems to have always taken second place to online, for obvious reasons probably. The rise of tablets and mobile phones contributes to this as well, I'd like to be able to store and view 360's on these devices as well!

Cheers
Bill