Quantcast

Fisheye on a G11

Mike-3
Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a G10)

Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff, but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
Thanks All
Mike

Re: Fisheye on a G11

DemonDuck
For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.

You can read about them on the FishList --

http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm

Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?

Mike wrote:
> Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a G10)
>
> Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff, but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
> Thanks All
> Mike

Re: Fisheye on a G11

Mike-3
Apologies, I thought as it was common knowledge a G11 didnt have interchangeable lenses I wouldn't have to explain I was asking about an converter as opposed to an actual fisheye lens.

I did mean converter.

--- In [hidden email], Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

> For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.
>
> You can read about them on the FishList --
>
> http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
>
> Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?
>
> Mike wrote:
> > Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a G10)
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff, but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
> > Thanks All
> > Mike

Re: Fisheye on a G11

Ian Wood-2
All the lenses that Ken listed (and linked to) are converter lenses.

Ian

On 5 Jul 2010, at 19:02, Mike wrote:

> Apologies, I thought as it was common knowledge a G11 didnt have interchangeable lenses I wouldn't have to explain I was asking about an converter as opposed to an actual fisheye lens.
>
> I did mean converter.
>

> --- In [hidden email], Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
>>
>> For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.
>>
>> You can read about them on the FishList --
>>
>> http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
>>
>> Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?
>>
>> Mike wrote:
>>> Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I shoulda bought a G10)
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?) on ebay, but wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro standard stuff, but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
>>> Thanks All
>>> Mike

Re: Fisheye on a G11

Thomas Krüger
Search on Flickr for images and examples how to mount the Nikon fisheye converter on the G11.

Re: Fisheye on a G11

Bjørn K Nilssen
On 5 Jul 2010 at 8:39, Ken Warner wrote:

> For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or IPIX/Soligor.

Don't forget to check out Raynox DCR-CF185PRO. A great lens on Olympus C5060/7070
cameras, and it probably works on G11 as well. Sharp lens, but heavy, big and relatively
expensive. I use it all the time rather than my DSLR.

--
Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

Re: Fisheye on a G11

L.D.I. Felipe B. González
I have a Raynox DCRCF 180 fisheye converter, which I no longer use. I can
sell it to anyone interested. It is a fun converter to use, but needs
chromatic aberration correction.

Greetings from the subtropical regions of Mexico

2010/7/7 Bjørn K Nilssen <[hidden email]>

> On 5 Jul 2010 at 8:39, Ken Warner wrote:
>
> > For a fisheye converter lens use one of: Nikon fc-e8, Nikon fc-e9 or
> IPIX/Soligor.
>
> Don't forget to check out Raynox DCR-CF185PRO. A great lens on Olympus
> C5060/7070
> cameras, and it probably works on G11 as well. Sharp lens, but heavy, big
> and relatively
> expensive. I use it all the time rather than my DSLR.
>

> > You can read about them on the FishList --
> >
> > http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/adapters.htm
> >
> > Could you let me know how you would attach a fisheye to a g11?
> >
> > Mike wrote:
> > > Just bought a Canon G11 after having a G7 for years.(Not sure if I
> shoulda bought a
> > G10)
> > >
> > > Can anyone recommend a good fisheye? Theres lots of cheap (and nasty?)
> on ebay, but
> > wondered what you guys use. Its only for fun so dont have to be real pro
> standard stuff,
> > but I dont want a real crappy on neither.
> > > Thanks All
> > > Mike
>
> --
> Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

--
L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
[hidden email]

Re: Fisheye on a G11

Bjørn K Nilssen
On 7 Jul 2010 at 17:48, L.D.I. Felipe B. González wrote:

> I have a Raynox DCRCF 180 fisheye converter, which I no longer use. I can
> sell it to anyone interested. It is a fun converter to use, but needs
> chromatic aberration correction.

Just for the record - there is no such named lens in the Raynox catalog afaik.
It may be the DCR-FE180PRO, which is a fullframe fisheye, or a misspelled DCR-CF185PRO,
which is a 185 degree circular fisheye?
As these lenses are not "alone", I believe their appearent quality is highly dependent on
the lens behind them. The quality of the Olympus lenses on my C's are first class :)
http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/egdigital.html

--
Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

Re: Fisheye on a G11

L.D.I. Felipe B. González
You are right, Bjørn

It's a DCR-FE180PRO. I used it for many years attached to a Sony DSC85
camera (I'm not sure, but I remember it had Zeiss optics).