Quantcast

Gigapixel from the wedding

jrgen_schrader
By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.

For those who haven't seen it yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114

Enjoy
Jürgen

Re: Gigapixel from the wedding

HenryStuart
jrgen_schrader wrote
By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.

For those who haven't seen it yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114

Enjoy
Jürgen
Thank you very much Jürgen!

Was a real pig to put together, really pleased with how it came out though.

All the best,

Henry - http://www.sphericalimages.com

Re: Gigapixel from the wedding

Christian Bloch-2
supercool! Excellent vantage point.

The media booths are interesting, for a second I was wondering "Why is nobody paying attention, the royals are right there..", but then I realized that it must have taken you some time to shoot all these pictures ;)

How many rows/columns are this, and how long did it take you? Can you tell us some more about your setup?

Blochi

On Apr 30, 2011, at 11:59 AM, HenryStuart wrote:

> Thank you very much Jürgen!
>
> Was a real pig to put together, really pleased with how it came out though.

Re: Gigapixel from the wedding

Rick-55

Fantastic job!!!

Rick

--- In [hidden email], "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:

> By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
> Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
>
> For those who haven't seen it yet:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114
>

> Enjoy
> Jürgen

Re: Gigapixel from the wedding

Hans-74

--- In [hidden email], "Run" <runu4@...> wrote:

> Fantastic job!!!
>

> Rick
>

> --- In [hidden email], "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
> >
> > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
> > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
> >
> > For those who haven't seen it yet:
> >
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114

It looks like you can begin and sell panoramas from these events now.

Here is what our old friend Douglas Cape  has done for Getty Images.
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430673/panorama-abbey-arrival/1/

Also Tom Mills has done some for Getty
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430670/panorama-balcony-kiss/1/

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430672/panorama-photo-procession/1/

And AP also have tried a giga with not as good results.
http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/people/celebrity-news/html_690014e6-729c-11e0-9212-001cc4c002e0.html

I am just still waiting for what Torsten has done.

Hans

Re: Gigapixel from the wedding

jrgen_schrader
Haha,

isn't this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills?
(Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment
 to stabilize his camera on the pole, hehe.)

The one from AP could have been an excellent, once-in-a-lifetime picture if it wasn't so badly framed and poorly presented. What a waste fom such a unique vantage point.

Jürgen

--- In [hidden email], "Hans" <hans@...> wrote:

> --- In [hidden email], "Run" <runu4@> wrote:
> >

> > Fantastic job!!!
> >

> > Rick
> >

> > --- In [hidden email], "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
> > >
> > > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
> > > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
> > >
> > > For those who haven't seen it yet:
> > >
> > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114
> > >

> It looks like you can begin and sell panoramas from these events now.
>
> Here is what our old friend Douglas Cape  has done for Getty Images.
> http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430673/panorama-abbey-arrival/1/
>
> Also Tom Mills has done some for Getty
> http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430670/panorama-balcony-kiss/1/
>
> http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430672/panorama-photo-procession/1/
>
> And AP also have tried a giga with not as good results.
> http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/people/celebrity-news/html_690014e6-729c-11e0-9212-001cc4c002e0.html
>
> I am just still waiting for what Torsten has done.
>
> Hans

Re: Gigapixel from the wedding

Hans-74

--- In [hidden email], "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:

> Haha,
>
> isn't this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills?
> (Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment
>  to stabilize his camera on the pole, hehe.)

Looks lik him.
But Blick  has 2 more. It just says from Getty
http://www.blick.ch/home/interaktiv/panorama_bilder/ein-exklusiver-blick-auf-das-traumhochzeit-171542

Hans

> The one from AP could have been an excellent, once-in-a-lifetime picture if it wasn't so badly framed and poorly presented. What a waste fom such a unique vantage point.
>
> Jürgen
>

> --- In [hidden email], "Hans" <hans@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In [hidden email], "Run" <runu4@> wrote:
> > >

> > > Fantastic job!!!
> > >

> > > Rick

> > It looks like you can begin and sell panoramas from these events now.
> >
> > Here is what our old friend Douglas Cape  has done for Getty Images.
> > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430673/panorama-abbey-arrival/1/
> >
> > Also Tom Mills has done some for Getty
> > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430670/panorama-balcony-kiss/1/
> >
> > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430672/panorama-photo-procession/1/
> >
> > And AP also have tried a giga with not as good results.
> > http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/people/celebrity-news/html_690014e6-729c-11e0-9212-001cc4c002e0.html
> >
> > I am just still waiting for what Torsten has done.
> >
> > Hans

Re: Gigapixel from the wedding

HenryStuart
This shot is 7 rows and 27 columns, shot over an hour of people leaving for the Abbey or the national anthem or the procession itself. I also had a second camera that I used to capture particular areas of detail.

All Nikon, D300 and D700 with 70-200mm VR lenses...

Henry Stuart

Director

Spherical Images Logo

Tel: +44(0)20 3539 0707
Mob: +44(0)7976 949 766
Web: www.sphericalimages.com
Twitter: @SPHERICALimages

Company No: 5813232

On 30 Apr 2011, at 20:39, Christian Bloch-2[via PanoToolsNG] wrote:

supercool! Excellent vantage point.

The media booths are interesting, for a second I was wondering "Why is nobody paying attention, the royals are right there..", but then I realized that it must have taken you some time to shoot all these pictures ;)

How many rows/columns are this, and how long did it take you? Can you tell us some more about your setup?

Blochi

On Apr 30, 2011, at 11:59 AM, HenryStuart wrote:

> Thank you very much Jürgen!
>
> Was a real pig to put together, really pleased with how it came out though.

http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/Gigapixel-from-the-wedding-tp3486369p3486445.html
To unsubscribe from Gigapixel from the wedding, click here.

Re: Gigapixel from the wedding

Matthias Taugwalder
2011/4/30 jrgen_schrader <[hidden email]>

>  Haha,
>
> isn't this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills?
> (Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment
> to stabilize his camera on the pole, hehe.)
>
> The one from AP could have been an excellent, once-in-a-lifetime picture if
> it wasn't so badly framed and poorly presented. What a waste fom such a
> unique vantage point.
>
> Jürgen

You got me. Seems like you can't even go to a wedding without beeing
disturbed ;)

Fun aside: I was shooting exclusively for the collection magazine, see
http://www.the-collection-magazine.com/ . There will be an update available
about the wedding by today/tomorrow that includes two panoramas. I did also
one very close to the balcony in front of Buckingham Palace.

Matthias

--
Matthias Taugwalder

Re: Gigapixel from the wedding

jrgen_schrader
LOL, so next time you want to hide better use a mirror ball and especially avoid Dyneema loops and Karabiners ^^