Google Street View -- which countries have it

Google Street View -- which countries have it

panovrx

Re: Google Street View -- which countries have it

pedro_silva58
almost as striking as germany's sort-of absence, is the washington post's complete absence of comment of another glaring hole in western european coverage -- portugal.  it's almost as if it didn't exist -- or were part of africa (no offense intended, of course!).

cheers,
pedro

--- In [hidden email], "panovrx" <mediavr@...> wrote:

> which countries have it -- and which dont -- and why
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/02/our-digitized-earth-a-world-map-of-google-street-view-coverage/
>
> PeterM

Re: Google Street View -- which countries have it

jrgen_schrader

From what I know Google has given up for now on Germany because they were forced into so many additional requirements due to legal privacy issues. Which means nothing less than that they can't follow there automated workflows and that most likely their venue wouldn't be profitable enough (by Google standards? *g*).