Group closing and being deleted?

hmmsomethingelse
I notice yahoo groups will become an email group only and all previous posts deleted soon?

 Quiet in here. I haven't helped...

 Perhaps the world has moved on, though seems a shame to lose the archives? Or are they already backed up elsewhere?

 livehacker seems to recommend migrating to groups.io ? Don't know if they are shills or not.

 Anyway the lack of comment I though perhaps I should say something.

Re: Group closing and being deleted?

Mark Wellman
I have found this group helpful and interesting when posts have been made.
Sad to see it end if that happens.

Mark Wellman, Strategic Director
Strategistics.us

Board Member
United Farmer Veterans of Maine, www.ufvme.us

499 Broadway, Ste. 269
Bangor, ME  04401
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markwellman

207.478.7723
[hidden email]

*This email message may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. All
recipients are notified that if this message comes to your attention by
mistake, any dissemination, use, or copying of the information is
prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender
at once. Thank you.*

Re: Group closing and being deleted?

Jim Coffee
Groups.io is good.  Moved our Print Exchange group there 1-1/2 years ago.
And recently started an Automata Group there.
-Jim Coffee-

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019 at 03:20, [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I notice yahoo groups will become an email group only and all previous
> posts deleted soon?
>

> Quiet in here. I haven't helped...
>

> Perhaps the world has moved on, though seems a shame to lose the archives?
> Or are they already backed up elsewhere?
>

> livehacker seems to recommend migrating to groups.io ? Don't know if they
> are shills or not.
>

> Anyway the lack of comment I though perhaps I should say something.

Re: Group closing and being deleted?

Bruno Postle
There are mailing list archives here:
https://www.panotools.org/mailarchive.php
....and here:
http://panotools-ng.586017.n4.nabble.com/

--
Bruno

Am 19.10.2019 um 18:38 schrieb Bruno Postle:
> There are mailing list archives here:
> https://www.panotools.org/mailarchive.php

....although the last few mails seem to be missing. Have to look into that....

Am 19.10.2019 um 16:35 schrieb Jim Coffee:
> Groups.io is good.  Moved our Print Exchange group there 1-1/2 years ago.
> And recently started an Automata Group there.

groups.io would be a good choice indeed. Unfortunately it needs a
premium account to move a yahoo group. That would be 110$ for the first
year (account can be downgraded to free after that).

We can do that if the amount is funded.

Perhaps it's a better choice to use the group through nabble, if that
still works after the cut.

Re: Group closing and being deleted?

keith
Yes, a shame these groups are going. I’d be keen to move to a different platform myself.

Am 20.10.2019 um 09:07 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Yes, a shame these groups are going. I’d be keen to move to a
> different platform myself.

They are not going, they are reduced to mere mailing lists. Since the
yahoo web interface never was very user friendly this was the
recommended way to use anyway. If you need a web interface you can still
use http://panotools-ng.586017.n4.nabble.com/ (hopefully even after the
switch).

Am 19.10.2019 um 12:20 schrieb [hidden email]:
> I notice yahoo groups will become an email group only and all previous posts deleted soon?

For the full information read here:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN31010.html

Am 19.10.2019 um 21:57 schrieb Erik Krause:
>> There are mailing list archives here:
>> https://www.panotools.org/mailarchive.php
> ....although the last few mails seem to be missing. Have to look into that...

Works again!