Help with Hugin 2019.2

Nor Schramm
Hi,
  Thanks for allowing me in. A little about myself. I've been doing
astrophotography for many years and occasionally want to image an object
that  is larger than the field of view of my equipment. The obvious way
of doing that  is to image the object in sections and then stitch them
together to form one complete image. In the past I have been using
Photoshop to manually match the segments and back grounds. A difficult
problem at times. An acquaintance put me on to Hugin so I loaded up
version 2012 and gave it a try on the, Pleiades. To my pleasant surprise
it did a very good job of combining the 2x3 image grid into a single
picture.

Later When I tried to open Hugin again, it requested the lens info twice
and then quit. I tried it several more time even after rebooting the PC
but still no luck. I decided to uninstall 2012 and get the  latest from
the website 2019.2 for 64bit WIndows10 PC.

In trying out the new version  I load up 8 segments of a 2x4 mosaic.
Click on    and when I click on STITCH it tells me that " There are no
active images in the output region". What  is the output region and how
do i get images into it?

Thanks
  Nor Schramm

--
40°50’25.88"N / 74°54’52.75"W
Oxford, NJ USA

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.
View/Reply Online (#54): https://groups.io/g/ptng/message/54
-=-=-
* Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
* User Guidelines: http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines
-=-=-
Group Owner: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/ptng/leave/9310255/998488758/xyzzy [[hidden email]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: Help with Hugin 2019.2

klaus_mayer via groups.io
When you start Hugin in a directory with images, Hugin will try to load these images. If the image do not have the required Exif info then Hugin prompts you to enter lens data. Did you check the preview if any images were located in the output region? If you set a limited output region and images are located outside of this area then you will receive the observed error message. E.g. if yoiu set cylindrical projection with a limited field of view and your images are outside of this area, you need to use Numerical Transfer to move the images into the output region.
Hugin is very powerful and free but it takes a little bit of time to fully understand how it operates.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#64) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

* Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
* User Guidelines: http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines
_._,_._,_

Re: Help with Hugin 2019.2

joepie1975
Hello Nor,

In advanced mode, you can anchor the center image for position. Then set the yaw and pitch of that image to 0 degrees.
Then let the optimizer calculate the positions of the other images.
In the stitch tab, you can calculate the field of view of the final image.

Regards,

Bert
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#65) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

* Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
* User Guidelines: http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines
_._,_._,_

Re: Help with Hugin 2019.2

Nor Schramm
HI Bert
    Thanks for that  info. Yes I'm slowly finding out about the things that you can do to to improve the programs functionality.  I was successful getting a mosaic of a couple of objects. But , it was a bit of a struggle.

Cheers
 Nor

On 12/2/2020 3:09 PM, joepie1975 wrote:
Hello Nor,

In advanced mode, you can anchor the center image for position. Then set the yaw and pitch of that image to 0 degrees.
Then let the optimizer calculate the positions of the other images.
In the stitch tab, you can calculate the field of view of the final image.

Regards,

Bert

--
40°50’25.88"N / 74°54’52.75"W
Oxford, NJ USA
http://njstargazer.org
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#66) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic