Hey all

PanoTools NG mailing list
I have 2 360 panoramic pictures taken from the same spot, a few days from each other.
 I want to place the 2 pics exactly one above the other and create a transition between them (day to night).
 The problem is the 2 panos don't perfectly align. They are pretty close, but not perfect.
 So i want to ask if anyone knows of any tools that may help me align them better? Idealy i would have a program that enables me to mark some points on one pano, then place the same corresponding points on the other one, then the program warps the panos so the align perfectly. Anyone heard of anything like that? or any other ideas that may help?

RE: Hey all

PanoTools NG mailing list
I'm assuming, maybe incorrectly, that you used PTGui to stitch the
originals, right? If so, you can use PTGui to align these two as well. Just
mark the original source images as equirectangular and also choose
equirectangular for output. When you optimize, uncheck all of the boxes
except for yaw, pitch, and roll for the second image. That way, the first
one stays anchored in place. You don't need to optimize for any of the lens
parameters or FOV.

Mark

  _____

Re: Hey all

This might be of your interest:

http://legacy.fieldofview.com/spv/show.php?dcr=split.dcr&file=euromast.xml

(it needs Shockwave plugin)

Best regards,
Fernando

Am 17.06.2014 11:10, schrieb [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG]:

> So i want to ask if anyone knows of any tools that may help me align
> them better? Idealy i would have a program that enables me to mark some
> points on one pano, then place the same corresponding points on the
> other one, then the program warps the panos so the align perfectly.
> Anyone heard of anything like that? or any other ideas that may help?

Any panotools based stitcher (hugin, PTGui, PTAssembler...) will be able
to do that. However, for best results you better align the night images
to the daytime panorama (assuming there is less detail or large dark
areas in the night shot). Then remove or disable the daytime panorama
and create the night time one without adding further control points or
optimization. Thats roughly how I did
http://worldwidepanorama.org/wwp_rss/go/n2030

If you need more detailed advice please give any information you could
possibly give.