How people do this? :)

Pawel Rozenek
Hi All,

Maybe it is a silly question, I am amateur panorama maker, I use 14mm wide
lens on FF camera. To make 360 x 180 panorama I take 12 x 3 pictures.

Today I found this panorama:

http://media.news.com.au/fe/2011/04-apr/williamandkate/swf/360/balconey-kiss
/360.swf

or that1:

http://www.fromparis.com/panoramas_quicktime_vr/eric_desktop/

People move (first pano) or it is impossible to stay still (pano #2)

How people create these kind of panoramas? Even if I use fisheye, I still
can't imagine how to do it.

Anyway, I tried to use fisheye lens and Hugin really failed stiching the
panorama.

--

Regards

Pawel Rozenek

http://www.rozenek.com

---

Re: How people do this? :)

Am 05.04.2014 11:47, schrieb Pawel Rozenek:
> Maybe it is a silly question, I am amateur panorama maker, I use 14mm wide
> lens on FF camera. To make 360 x 180 panorama I take 12 x 3 pictures.

Not silly at all. These panoramas are very hard to shoot...

> Today I found this panorama:
>
> http://media.news.com.au/fe/2011/04-apr/williamandkate/swf/360/balconey-kiss
> /360.swf

You won't be lucky to shoot that with your rectilinear lens. It's best
done with a circular or circular cropped fisheye where you need a very
low number of images for a full sphere. Anyway you need to shoot with
very high overlap and eventually edit the seams manually. But a blender
with seam optimization can do very well with a bit of luck. Here is a
crowd panorama blender comparison:
http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/CS3-autoblending.html

> or that1:
> http://www.fromparis.com/panoramas_quicktime_vr/eric_desktop/

Well, this is Eric Rougier, the master of puzzling panoramas. The most
puzzling one is this:
http://www.fromparis.com/panoramas_quicktime_vr/mirror_and_reflexions/
and that:
http://www.fromparis.com/panoramas_quicktime_vr/boring_bathroom/