Quantcast

Hugin on Ubuntu 15.1

PanoTools NG mailing list
Dear Friends,
   I am new to this group.  Joined a while ago to ask this question but never got around to it.  I have a new laptop that is running Ubuntu 15.1 and the version of Hugin that it wants me to download .... but it won't automatically join my panoramic shots, like my older version would.  I have a desktop running on Ubuntu 12 with an older version of Hugin and I can take the shots that the laptop Hugin refuses to align to it where they are aligned beautifully.  Can anyone tell me what is going on and what I might do to fix it?  I have tried deleting and reloading Hugin a couple of time.
 Yours hopefully,
 Joe
 ps I am an amateur photographer, not a techie, so please lead me very carefully through any terminal work I might have to do.

Re: Hugin on Ubuntu 15.1

PanoTools NG mailing list
It is difficult to say what the problem is from your description.

Uninstalling and reinstalling is unlikely to make any difference, the easiest way to reset Hugin is to delete the '.hugin' configuration file in your home folder (note that filenames starting with '.' are usually hidden by default in file managers).

--
Bruno

On 30 April 2016 01:53:15 BST, josephhoytsnyder wrote:

>Dear Friends,
>I am new to this group.  Joined a while ago to ask this question but
>never got around to it.  I have a new laptop that is running Ubuntu
>15.1 and the version of Hugin that it wants me to download .... but it
>won't automatically join my panoramic shots, like my older version
>would.  I have a desktop running on Ubuntu 12 with an older version of
>Hugin and I can take the shots that the laptop Hugin refuses to align
>to it where they are aligned beautifully.  Can anyone tell me what is
>going on and what I might do to fix it?  I have tried deleting and
>reloading Hugin a couple of time.
> Yours hopefully,
> Joe
>ps I am an amateur photographer, not a techie, so please lead me very
>carefully through any terminal work I might have to do.

Re: Hugin on Ubuntu 15.1

PanoTools NG mailing list
Thank you, Bruno.  Will try that.
Yours gratefully,
Joe

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 12:22 AM, Bruno Postle [hidden email]
[PanoToolsNG] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is difficult to say what the problem is from your description.
>
> Uninstalling and reinstalling is unlikely to make any difference, the
> easiest way to reset Hugin is to delete the '.hugin' configuration file in
> your home folder (note that filenames starting with '.' are usually hidden
> by default in file managers).
>
> --
> Bruno
>
> On 30 April 2016 01:53:15 BST, josephhoytsnyder wrote:
> >Dear Friends,
> >I am new to this group. Joined a while ago to ask this question but
> >never got around to it. I have a new laptop that is running Ubuntu
> >15.1 and the version of Hugin that it wants me to download .... but it
> >won't automatically join my panoramic shots, like my older version
> >would. I have a desktop running on Ubuntu 12 with an older version of
> >Hugin and I can take the shots that the laptop Hugin refuses to align
> >to it where they are aligned beautifully. Can anyone tell me what is
> >going on and what I might do to fix it? I have tried deleting and
> >reloading Hugin a couple of time.
> > Yours hopefully,
> > Joe
> >ps I am an amateur photographer, not a techie, so please lead me very
> >carefully through any terminal work I might have to do.

--
Joe Snyder
Portland, OR