I miss Superrune!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
I just tried Pano2VR, which I found had been upgraded to a version I  
needed to pay for
(still waiting for the registration key), in order to be able to patch  
nadirs. I've been
trying the, er, trial version.

First a question. The conversion to cubic images I discovered creates a  
single
image six cube-faces long. Is there an option somewhere to create  
individual cube
faces? I would rather edit the nadir cube face alone, if possible.

Second a problem. With the camera and lens I am using, I need a bigger  
area to edit
than the cube face gives me. This is because the area occupied by my  
tripod and
my body occupies such a large area in the nadir area. I am using the Nodal  
Ninja
nadir device, and haven't mastered the exact centering of the camera over  
the
original spot after deploying the nadir device, so often I have parallax  
problems to
resolve quite some way away from the center of the image.

I intend to visit the Superrune page to see if there's anything about  
Windows 8 and
PS CS6. I really REALLY miss the convenience of this plugin.

Roger W.

--
Business: www.adex-japan.com
Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

luca vascon-3
Pano 2VR as well as KRpano, as well as FlamingPear Flexify plugin can do
the trick!
:-)
Remember to make new layer before flexify


2013/4/2 Roger D. Williams <[hidden email]>

> **
> I just tried Pano2VR, which I found had been upgraded to a version I
> needed to pay for
> (still waiting for the registration key), in order to be able to patch
> nadirs. I've been
> trying the, er, trial version.
>
> First a question. The conversion to cubic images I discovered creates a
> single
> image six cube-faces long. Is there an option somewhere to create
> individual cube
> faces? I would rather edit the nadir cube face alone, if possible.
>
> Second a problem. With the camera and lens I am using, I need a bigger
> area to edit
> than the cube face gives me. This is because the area occupied by my
> tripod and
> my body occupies such a large area in the nadir area. I am using the Nodal
> Ninja
> nadir device, and haven't mastered the exact centering of the camera over
> the
> original spot after deploying the nadir device, so often I have parallax
> problems to
> resolve quite some way away from the center of the image.
>
> I intend to visit the Superrune page to see if there's anything about
> Windows 8 and
> PS CS6. I really REALLY miss the convenience of this plugin.
>
> Roger W.
>
> --
> Business: www.adex-japan.com
> Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
> Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
>



--
Luca Vascon.
--
www.lucavascon.net
Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.

www.officinepanottiche.com
www.nuovostudio.it
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

luca vascon-3
AND, if you tell me your actual setup and workflow, I'll be able to help
you a bit more.


2013/4/2 Luca Vascon <[hidden email]>

> Pano 2VR as well as KRpano, as well as FlamingPear Flexify plugin can do
> the trick!
> :-)
> Remember to make new layer before flexify
>
>
> 2013/4/2 Roger D. Williams <[hidden email]>
>
> **
>> I just tried Pano2VR, which I found had been upgraded to a version I
>> needed to pay for
>> (still waiting for the registration key), in order to be able to patch
>> nadirs. I've been
>> trying the, er, trial version.
>>
>> First a question. The conversion to cubic images I discovered creates a
>> single
>> image six cube-faces long. Is there an option somewhere to create
>> individual cube
>> faces? I would rather edit the nadir cube face alone, if possible.
>>
>> Second a problem. With the camera and lens I am using, I need a bigger
>> area to edit
>> than the cube face gives me. This is because the area occupied by my
>> tripod and
>> my body occupies such a large area in the nadir area. I am using the
>> Nodal Ninja
>> nadir device, and haven't mastered the exact centering of the camera over
>> the
>> original spot after deploying the nadir device, so often I have parallax
>> problems to
>> resolve quite some way away from the center of the image.
>>
>> I intend to visit the Superrune page to see if there's anything about
>> Windows 8 and
>> PS CS6. I really REALLY miss the convenience of this plugin.
>>
>> Roger W.
>>
>>  --
>> Business: www.adex-japan.com
>> Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
>> Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Luca Vascon.
> --
> www.lucavascon.net
> Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
> Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.
>
> www.officinepanottiche.com
> www.nuovostudio.it
>



--
Luca Vascon.
--
www.lucavascon.net
Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.

www.officinepanottiche.com
www.nuovostudio.it
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Sacha Griffin
In reply to this post by Roger D Williams
Why not use ptgui? It's faster, probably higher quality and
configurable. Just use templates. 360 to 120 rectalinear pitch -90.

Sacha Griffin
Southern Digital Solutions LLC  - Atlanta, Georgia
http://www.seeit360.com
http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
IM: [hidden email]
Office: 404-551-4275

On Apr 1, 2013, at 11:09 PM, "Roger D. Williams" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just tried Pano2VR, which I found had been upgraded to a version I needed to pay for
> (still waiting for the registration key), in order to be able to patch nadirs. I've been
> trying the, er, trial version.
>
> First a question. The conversion to cubic images I discovered creates a single
> image six cube-faces long. Is there an option somewhere to create individual cube
> faces? I would rather edit the nadir cube face alone, if possible.
>
> Second a problem. With the camera and lens I am using, I need a bigger area to edit
> than the cube face gives me. This is because the area occupied by my tripod and
> my body occupies such a large area in the nadir area. I am using the Nodal Ninja
> nadir device, and haven't mastered the exact centering of the camera over the
> original spot after deploying the nadir device, so often I have parallax problems to
> resolve quite some way away from the center of the image.
>
> I intend to visit the Superrune page to see if there's anything about Windows 8 and
> PS CS6. I really REALLY miss the convenience of this plugin.
>
> Roger W.
>
> --
> Business: www.adex-japan.com
> Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
> Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

John Houghton
In reply to this post by Roger D Williams
--- In [hidden email], "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...> wrote:
> First a question. The conversion to cubic images I discovered creates
> a single
> image six cube-faces long. Is there an option somewhere to create
> individual cube faces?

Yes - select the "Type" option.  See http://ge.tt/1effKoc

> Second a problem. With the camera and lens I am using, I need a
> bigger area to edit

Select the "Patch Input" option and add a patch.  You can zoom in/out to any part of the panorama.  It's not entirely straightforward, but there's a video tutorial on the web site.

John


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
In reply to this post by Sacha Griffin
Sacha,

Although I have been using PTgui since v2.0 I must confess I only use the bits I know and have never come to a good overall understanding of the program's more  opaque functions and features. Superrune spoiled me! So I have no idea what you mean by your advice nor how to go about taking it. I thought templates were for repeating a complete sequence of steps in producing a panorama from a set of images. And what does 360 to 120 mean? Pitch -90 makes sense--presumably that would be looking straight down...

Sorry to be so dense.

Roger W.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 2, 2013, at 3:23 PM, Sacha Griffin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why not use ptgui? It's faster, probably higher quality and
> configurable. Just use templates. 360 to 120 rectalinear pitch -90.
>
> Sacha Griffin
> Southern Digital Solutions LLC  - Atlanta, Georgia
> http://www.seeit360.com
> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
> http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
> IM: [hidden email]
> Office: 404-551-4275
>
> On Apr 1, 2013, at 11:09 PM, "Roger D. Williams" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I just tried Pano2VR, which I found had been upgraded to a version I needed to pay for
>> (still waiting for the registration key), in order to be able to patch nadirs. I've been
>> trying the, er, trial version.
>>
>> First a question. The conversion to cubic images I discovered creates a single
>> image six cube-faces long. Is there an option somewhere to create individual cube
>> faces? I would rather edit the nadir cube face alone, if possible.
>>
>> Second a problem. With the camera and lens I am using, I need a bigger area to edit
>> than the cube face gives me. This is because the area occupied by my tripod and
>> my body occupies such a large area in the nadir area. I am using the Nodal Ninja
>> nadir device, and haven't mastered the exact centering of the camera over the
>> original spot after deploying the nadir device, so often I have parallax problems to
>> resolve quite some way away from the center of the image.
>>
>> I intend to visit the Superrune page to see if there's anything about Windows 8 and
>> PS CS6. I really REALLY miss the convenience of this plugin.
>>
>> Roger W.
>>
>> --
>> Business: www.adex-japan.com
>> Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
>> Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
In reply to this post by John Houghton
Thanks, John, but there's a problem with the GIF, which doesn't download however long I wait (well, not for for or five minutes, anyway), the spinning icon just spins... and spins...

I'll look for the video, although not being straightforward is a serious hindrance for me.

Roger W

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 2, 2013, at 3:58 PM, "John Houghton" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> --- In [hidden email], "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...> wrote:
>> First a question. The conversion to cubic images I discovered creates
>> a single
>> image six cube-faces long. Is there an option somewhere to create
>> individual cube faces?
>
> Yes - select the "Type" option.  See http://ge.tt/1effKoc
>
>> Second a problem. With the camera and lens I am using, I need a
>> bigger area to edit
>
> Select the "Patch Input" option and add a patch.  You can zoom in/out to any part of the panorama.  It's not entirely straightforward, but there's a video tutorial on the web site.
>
> John
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
In reply to this post by luca vascon-3
Thank you, Luca. But I 'm not sure you could dignify the way I produce panos as anything as formal as a "Workflow."

I just take six images (of three exposures each, at 0, +2 and -2 stops about my best guess exposure), rotate the NN3 Mk II to point the camera UP then DOWN, and just before the latter I use the NN nadir hinged thingy and try to move the tripod back so the camera points down over the spot previously directly under it. The latter is a bit tricky, and doesn't work too well for me. Or rather it works very well when it does work, but if I didn't get the move right, it's more trouble than it's worth. The time it all takes tends to exasperate my wife, and sometimes I've missed one or other of these steps to reduce her waiting time.

Life was much simpler when I was just taking four around with a Peleng in a ring mount with the diagonal of my APS-C frame vertical. But the Pentax 10-17mm zoom fisheye us clearly the better lens so I am battling with the 6+2. I am even wondering whether the large nadir hole really requires me to take TWO nadir shots at right angles to reduce the area taken up by my body and the mini-tripod I use to hold the monopod base in position.

I load all the images into CS6 and use the built-in ACR to remove CA. I have played with the other features of ACR but prefer to use SNS-HDR (Home), and often find that it can create a satisfactorily tone-mapped image from just one of the three, so I only use the other two images in "true" HDR processing when I have an unusually wide dynamic range--say looking from inside a shadowed room through windows into a sunlit garden... I then pick the corresponding images from the other triplets, then proceed to stitch. I used to do this stage in DXO, which I took the time to master, but alas it does not provide modules for my zoom fisheye.

I use PTgui to align the first six images, only adding the zenith and nadir shots after the initial alignment and optimization have already gone well. I use the masking function to move the stitching seams to avoid half people. There is almost nowhere I go in Japan that doesn't have LOTS of people around. Sigh.

And then I am left with nadir holes. Enter Superrune and/or Pano2VR and/or PTgui. Currently, Superrune is not working properly, error messages at every stage, but if I retry it usually does its thing. Sometimes not, though. Can no longer rely on it.

I then mask out my feet and legs and use the clone tool to fill the holes in the final panorama. I have never had any joy with the intelligent fill function. It would be great if it DID work.

As you can see, Luca, it's messy, involves several different programs, and is hard to automate because it depends on subjective decisions at so many points along the way.

Any help and advice you can give will be received RAPTUROUSLY.

Roger W

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 2, 2013, at 3:19 PM, Luca Vascon <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> AND, if you tell me your actual setup and workflow, I'll be able to help you a bit more.
>
>
> 2013/4/2 Luca Vascon <[hidden email]>
>> Pano 2VR as well as KRpano, as well as FlamingPear Flexify plugin can do the trick!
>> :-)
>> Remember to make new layer before flexify
>>
>>
>> 2013/4/2 Roger D. Williams <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> I just tried Pano2VR, which I found had been upgraded to a version I needed to pay for
>>> (still waiting for the registration key), in order to be able to patch nadirs. I've been
>>> trying the, er, trial version.
>>>
>>> First a question. The conversion to cubic images I discovered creates a single
>>> image six cube-faces long. Is there an option somewhere to create individual cube
>>> faces? I would rather edit the nadir cube face alone, if possible.
>>>
>>> Second a problem. With the camera and lens I am using, I need a bigger area to edit
>>> than the cube face gives me. This is because the area occupied by my tripod and
>>> my body occupies such a large area in the nadir area. I am using the Nodal Ninja
>>> nadir device, and haven't mastered the exact centering of the camera over the
>>> original spot after deploying the nadir device, so often I have parallax problems to
>>> resolve quite some way away from the center of the image.
>>>
>>> I intend to visit the Superrune page to see if there's anything about Windows 8 and
>>> PS CS6. I really REALLY miss the convenience of this plugin.
>>>
>>> Roger W.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Business: www.adex-japan.com
>>> Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
>>> Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Luca Vascon.
>> --
>> www.lucavascon.net
>> Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
>> Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.
>>
>> www.officinepanottiche.com
>> www.nuovostudio.it
>
>
>
> --
> Luca Vascon.
> --
> www.lucavascon.net
> Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
> Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.
>
> www.officinepanottiche.com
> www.nuovostudio.it
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

John Houghton
In reply to this post by Roger D Williams
--- In [hidden email], Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks, John, but there's a problem with the GIF,

Roger, Try this instead: http://www.johnhpanos.com/cubes.gif

John

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
Thanks! Found it and proved that it works...

Roger

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 2, 2013, at 7:11 PM, "John Houghton" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> --- In [hidden email], Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, John, but there's a problem with the GIF,
>
> Roger, Try this instead: http://www.johnhpanos.com/cubes.gif
>
> John
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Mark D. Fink
Hi Roger,

I put together two videos on nadir patching and stitching. Patching is for
those times when you didn't shoot a nadir, and stitching is when you did
shoot the nadir.

Patching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owq7kaXMTTk

Stitching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trYQ61_bOb0

If anyone is interested, I can send along the PTGui templates that I use. I
have separate ones for the different image sizes that I typically shoot.

Hope this helps!

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
Behalf Of Roger D Williams
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:49 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: I miss Superrune!

Thanks! Found it and proved that it works...

Roger

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 2, 2013, at 7:11 PM, "John Houghton" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> --- In [hidden email], Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, John, but there's a problem with the GIF,
>
> Roger, Try this instead: http://www.johnhpanos.com/cubes.gif
>
> John
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>


------------------------------------

--




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Erik Krause
Administrator
In reply to this post by Roger D Williams
Am 02.04.2013 10:26, schrieb Roger D Williams:
> Although I have been using PTgui since v2.0 I must confess I only use
> the bits I know and have never come to a good overall understanding
> of the program's more  opaque functions and features

Download my PTGui templates from
http://erik-krause.de/ttt/#Bodenbild_extrahieren
put them in your templates folder and follow the instructions.

--
Erik Krause
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
Thank you Erik, I will certainly do so!

Roger W

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 3, 2013, at 2:33 AM, Erik Krause <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 02.04.2013 10:26, schrieb Roger D Williams:
>> Although I have been using PTgui since v2.0 I must confess I only use
>> the bits I know and have never come to a good overall understanding
>> of the program's more  opaque functions and features
>
> Download my PTGui templates from
> http://erik-krause.de/ttt/#Bodenbild_extrahieren
> put them in your templates folder and follow the instructions.
>
> --
> Erik Krause
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
In reply to this post by Mark D. Fink
Thank you, Mark. I am rather overwhelmed by the help I am getting with this problem I have run into. Today is cold, rainy and windy here in Tokyo and my wife said "Don't even STEP outside," so I will be at home watching videos and reading PDFs, etc., as recommended.

I found the video tutorial on nadir patching at the Pano2VR site but I am so deaf I couldn't follow the fast and chirpy commentary and got dizzy following the cursor leaping from one unfamiliar pull-down menu to another. I tried using the freeze frame control, but this further fragmented the commentary so I understood even less of it.

Hope I can follow yours!

Roger W

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 2, 2013, at 9:16 PM, "Mark D. Fink" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> I put together two videos on nadir patching and stitching. Patching is for
> those times when you didn't shoot a nadir, and stitching is when you did
> shoot the nadir.
>
> Patching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owq7kaXMTTk
>
> Stitching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trYQ61_bOb0
>
> If anyone is interested, I can send along the PTGui templates that I use. I
> have separate ones for the different image sizes that I typically shoot.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Mark
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> Behalf Of Roger D Williams
> Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:49 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: I miss Superrune!
>
> Thanks! Found it and proved that it works...
>
> Roger
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Apr 2, 2013, at 7:11 PM, "John Houghton" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> --- In [hidden email], Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, John, but there's a problem with the GIF,
>>
>> Roger, Try this instead: http://www.johnhpanos.com/cubes.gif
>>
>> John
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> --
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
In reply to this post by Erik Krause
Thank you Erik. I don't have a template folder but I will (for the VERY FIRST TIME) save a template from a recent panorama and assume that the appropriate folder will be created in the right place for me to put your templates....

Roger

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 3, 2013, at 2:33 AM, Erik Krause <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 02.04.2013 10:26, schrieb Roger D Williams:
>> Although I have been using PTgui since v2.0 I must confess I only use
>> the bits I know and have never come to a good overall understanding
>> of the program's more  opaque functions and features
>
> Download my PTGui templates from
> http://erik-krause.de/ttt/#Bodenbild_extrahieren
> put them in your templates folder and follow the instructions.
>
> --
> Erik Krause
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
In reply to this post by Mark D. Fink
Thanks, Mark. I found these clear and well-paced. In fact I have often made successful use of the perspective changing approach to nadir stitching, but when you have a far-from-flat floor it doesn't work, and of course there are a number of "gotchas" along the way to success, and I must have encountered most of them.

I am not at all familiar with PS actions and how to create them, so will spend my time trying to follow the first video.

Roger

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 2, 2013, at 9:16 PM, "Mark D. Fink" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> I put together two videos on nadir patching and stitching. Patching is for
> those times when you didn't shoot a nadir, and stitching is when you did
> shoot the nadir.
>
> Patching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owq7kaXMTTk
>
> Stitching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trYQ61_bOb0
>
> If anyone is interested, I can send along the PTGui templates that I use. I
> have separate ones for the different image sizes that I typically shoot.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Mark
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> Behalf Of Roger D Williams
> Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:49 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: I miss Superrune!
>
> Thanks! Found it and proved that it works...
>
> Roger
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Apr 2, 2013, at 7:11 PM, "John Houghton" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> --- In [hidden email], Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, John, but there's a problem with the GIF,
>>
>> Roger, Try this instead: http://www.johnhpanos.com/cubes.gif
>>
>> John
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> --
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

pedro_silva58
In reply to this post by Roger D Williams
hi roger!

i'm not sure the following helps, but i hope so:

http://www.ptgui.com/support.html#2_13
In Tools/Options/Folders&Files, a folder can be configured where you store your templates (on Mac go to the PTGui menu, Preferences, Folders&Files). Then, the template selection dialog will by default open in this folder. There's a little triangle button next to the 'Apply Template' button on the toolbar, which shows a drop down list of all templates in the configured template directory, for quick access.

cheers,
pedro

--- In [hidden email], Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:

>
> Thank you Erik. I don't have a template folder but I will (for the VERY FIRST TIME) save a template from a recent panorama and assume that the appropriate folder will be created in the right place for me to put your templates....
>
> Roger
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Apr 3, 2013, at 2:33 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:
>
> > Am 02.04.2013 10:26, schrieb Roger D Williams:
> >> Although I have been using PTgui since v2.0 I must confess I only use
> >> the bits I know and have never come to a good overall understanding
> >> of the program's more  opaque functions and features
> >
> > Download my PTGui templates from
> > http://erik-krause.de/ttt/#Bodenbild_extrahieren
> > put them in your templates folder and follow the instructions.
> >
> > --
> > Erik Krause
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > --
> >
> >
> >
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
It was very helpful. Now I can be sure of getting things to work properly... Thanks!

Roger W

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 3, 2013, at 2:32 PM, "pedro_silva58" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi roger!
>
> i'm not sure the following helps, but i hope so:
>
> http://www.ptgui.com/support.html#2_13
> In Tools/Options/Folders&Files, a folder can be configured where you store your templates (on Mac go to the PTGui menu, Preferences, Folders&Files). Then, the template selection dialog will by default open in this folder. There's a little triangle button next to the 'Apply Template' button on the toolbar, which shows a drop down list of all templates in the configured template directory, for quick access.
>
> cheers,
> pedro
>
> --- In [hidden email], Roger D Williams <roger@...> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you Erik. I don't have a template folder but I will (for the VERY FIRST TIME) save a template from a recent panorama and assume that the appropriate folder will be created in the right place for me to put your templates....
>>
>> Roger
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Apr 3, 2013, at 2:33 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Am 02.04.2013 10:26, schrieb Roger D Williams:
>>>> Although I have been using PTgui since v2.0 I must confess I only use
>>>> the bits I know and have never come to a good overall understanding
>>>> of the program's more  opaque functions and features
>>>
>>> Download my PTGui templates from
>>> http://erik-krause.de/ttt/#Bodenbild_extrahieren
>>> put them in your templates folder and follow the instructions.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Erik Krause
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------
>>>
>>> --
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Christian Bloch-2
In reply to this post by Roger D Williams
Hi Roger,

You can get the exact same superrune behavior with Flexify in Photoshop. Equirect to zenith/nadir patch in the same image dimensions, side by side. And back. I recorded it as Photoshop Action once (including the make new layer), and now it's just a blind firing of the action. Not even the Flexify interface gets in the way anymore.

Pano2VR has the PatchTool for exactly that purpose, so here you wouldn't need to do a full cubic conversion either.

Both of these nadir patching workflows are described in full, with step-by-step tutorial and screenshots and example images in my HDRI Handbook 2.0. (pages 490 to 495).

Cheers
Blochi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I miss Superrune!

Roger D Williams
Thanks, Blochi. I have your HDR handbook and will see if I can follow your description of how to use the Pano2VR patch tool. The on-site video tutorial didn't work for me. I doubt that a purchase of Flexify for this alone would worth it, but I'll find out what it costs before dismissing it.

Roger W

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 3, 2013, at 3:30 PM, Christian Bloch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> You can get the exact same superrune behavior with Flexify in Photoshop. Equirect to zenith/nadir patch in the same image dimensions, side by side. And back. I recorded it as Photoshop Action once (including the make new layer), and now it's just a blind firing of the action. Not even the Flexify interface gets in the way anymore.
>
> Pano2VR has the PatchTool for exactly that purpose, so here you wouldn't need to do a full cubic conversion either.
>
> Both of these nadir patching workflows are described in full, with step-by-step tutorial and screenshots and example images in my HDRI Handbook 2.0. (pages 490 to 495).
>
> Cheers
> Blochi
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
>
>
>
12