Linear panoramas - Mosaics

Richard Novossiltzeff via groups.io
Hello, I just transferred from the previous group and glad to be here.

My experience with full 360 HDR panos using PTGui pro and Photomatix pro 6 has been excellent. I later discovered linear panos or "mosaics", which prompted me to upload hugin since PTGui can't do it.  It's been a difficult time ever since as I'm not yet able to render anything decently correct... I read the documentation and the few tutorials available on the subject but still haven't been able to get ahead of this software - even with the new 2019 version - and believe that my coding and computer skills aren't up to the job...or is it that I'm just getting a bit older?

Is there someone out there who can coach me through this and help me make a proper streetscape - maybe there's some one in Halifax? I did find a tutorial on lynda.com (now linkedin) but it's in German and a few other requests were negative.

Thanks and I wish everybody a Merry Xmas during those hard times.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#68) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

* Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
* User Guidelines: http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines
_._,_._,_

Re: Linear panoramas - Mosaics

Nor Schramm
Hi ,
   I'm new to HUGIN and tried to stitch astrophotos , in essence flat  images, and found this tutorial Hugin tutorial — Stitching flat scanned images (sourceforge.net) that sees to work real well.

Cheers
Nor

--
40°50’25.88"N / 74°54’52.75"W
Oxford, NJ USA

Groups.io Links:

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#69) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_

Re: Linear panoramas - Mosaics

Richard Novossiltzeff via groups.io
Thanks Nor, I did see that too but I couldn't get it to work for mosaics which use 10 images taken from different view points - the difficulty comes from that concept, as opposed to shots made from one location only. I'll be able to move along if I can get more details on the work flow/processes described through a conversation or feed back channel.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#70) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_

Am 14.12.20 um 23:28 schrieb Richard Novossiltzeff via groups.io:

> I later discovered linear panos or "mosaics", which prompted me to upload hugin since PTGui can't do it.

Sorry, that's wrong. Only the naming is different. What hugin calls
"Mosaic Mode" is named "Viewpoint Correction" in PTGui. They use
incompatible parameters though, but apart of this it should be the same,
since both are based on the same stitching model.

However, both programs usually have a hard time to stitch linear panos,
since parallax is unavoidable if the surface is not completely flat.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.
View/Reply Online (#71): https://groups.io/g/ptng/message/71
-=-=-
* Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
* User Guidelines: http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines
-=-=-
Group Owner: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/ptng/leave/9310255/998488758/xyzzy [[hidden email]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: Linear panoramas - Mosaics

carel struycken
Regarding stitching a mosaic:
How about using aerial photography mapping software based on photogrammetry?
Here is one for mapping with drones: https://www.opendronemap.org/webodm/
There are also a number of tutorials online for using VisualSFM for aerial mapping.
Regard3D is another open source photogrammetry program that should be able to stitch a flat image.

Carel
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#72) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_

Re: Linear panoramas - Mosaics

Richard Novossiltzeff via groups.io
Thanks Carel, I'll see if it works - great software.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#73) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic