List behaviour

PanoTools NG mailing list
The recent flurry of activity here is interesting, and it revealed a
quirk: I made two different replies to the 'What shall we do with this
group' thread, but I only saw one come back. It may be down to something
at my end... but both items are in my Sent directory. It pains me to say
it, but if the list engine loses mail it's not all that much good. :-/

---
Keith Martin
Senior Lecturer, LCC (University of the Arts London)
Technical Editor, MacUser magazine (1997-2015)
http://PanoramaPhotographer.com
http://thatkeith.com
+44 (0)7909541365

---

Re: List behaviour

PanoTools NG mailing list

On 04/28/2016, at 4:38 AM, 'Keith Martin' [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] wrote:
> The recent flurry of activity here is interesting, and it revealed a quirk: I made two different replies to the 'What shall we do with this group' thread, but I only saw one come back.

How long ago? It might still be coming ... It's not *this* list specific - I have a number of other mailing lists where replies will come in long before the actual original question. Confusing much! It seems to be a curious internet phenomenon.

Cheers,
KathyW.

Re: List behaviour

PanoTools NG mailing list
On 27 Apr 2016, at 22:18, Kathy Wheeler [hidden email]
[PanoToolsNG] wrote:

> How long ago?

A shade over five hours ago – six minutes after the one that did
appear. :)

---
Keith Martin
Senior Lecturer, LCC (University of the Arts London)
Technical Editor, MacUser magazine (1997-2015)
http://PanoramaPhotographer.com
http://thatkeith.com
+44 (0)7909541365

---

Re: List behaviour

I received both replies, message times are 19:04 and 19:10.

Fulvio Senore

Il 27/04/2016 20:38, 'Keith Martin' [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] ha
scritto:

> The recent flurry of activity here is interesting, and it revealed a
> quirk: I made two different replies to the 'What shall we do with this
> group' thread, but I only saw one come back. It may be down to something
> at my end... but both items are in my Sent directory. It pains me to say
> it, but if the list engine loses mail it's not all that much good. :-/

> Keith Martin
> Senior Lecturer, LCC (University of the Arts London)
> Technical Editor, MacUser magazine (1997-2015)
> http://PanoramaPhotographer.com
> http://thatkeith.com
> +44 (0)7909541365

Re: List behaviour

PanoTools NG mailing list
On 28 Apr 2016, at 7:51, Fulvio Senore [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG]
wrote:

> I received both replies, message times are 19:04 and 19:10.

Thanks Fulvio! Perhaps the issue lies outside the list engine. Good to
know – I'm another who would rather see PanoToolsNG revive. :)

---
Keith Martin
Senior Lecturer, LCC (University of the Arts London)
Technical Editor, MacUser magazine (1997-2015)
http://PanoramaPhotographer.com
http://thatkeith.com
+44 (0)7909541365

---

Re: List behaviour

Still here, reading when I have time.

Nat Childs

Re: List behaviour

I still read the posts - look forward to them, in fact. While I'm a
professional photographer, designer and writer, I make panos only for
personal use. I've been lurking here, reading and learning for quite a
awhile now. I too would hate to see it wind up on Facebook.
--

*Jeff Smith*

VP/Co-Creative Director

*The YGS Group *

19625 62nd Ave. South, Suite C-109 | Kent, WA 98032

p: 253.872.2111 | cel: 206.579.3233

www.theYGSgroup.com <http://www.theygsgroup.com/> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/theYGSgroup> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/theygsgroup> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-ygs-group> | That’s What We Said
<http://www.theygsgroup.com/blog/>

MARKETING SERVICES | PUBLISHING SOLUTIONS | PRINT OPERATIONS

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message is
legally privileged and confidential; and is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If the recipient of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is
strictly prohibited.