Metapanoramas

Simon Sherwin
Mappings of the sphere to a plane are usually presented as mathematical equations.  These being somewhat daunting I've put together a simple video animation to illustrate in a more graphic way some of the common projections which panorama makers use.

 You will find here a set of different renderings of this metapanorama.  Hopefully somebody here may find it of interest.

  http://vimeo.com/simonsherwin/videos http://vimeo.com/simonsherwin/videos

Re: Metapanoramas

Am 03.01.2014 17:21, schrieb [hidden email]:
> You will find here a set of different renderings of this metapanorama.
> Hopefully somebody here may find it of interest.
>
> http://vimeo.com/simonsherwin/videos

Very nice! It would be even better if you'd comment on the different
projections.

Re: Metapanoramas

Brad Lavins
Wow!  That took a lot of work.  Thank you though.  It really helps me to put it into perspective.

Brad Lavins

On Friday, January 3, 2014 12:09 PM, Erik Krause <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am 03.01.2014 17:21, schrieb [hidden email]:
> You will find here a set of different renderings of this metapanorama.
> Hopefully somebody here may find it of interest.
>
> http://vimeo.com/simonsherwin/videos

Very nice! It would be even better if you'd comment on the different
projections.

RE: Metapanoramas

list
Very nice Simon, you perfectly visualized the transformation of a panorama.
 What kind of app did you use to do it?
 Toni

RE: Metapanoramas

Wim Koornneef
Simon thanks for sharing your metapanorama videos, I really like them.

 All the best,
 Wim

RE: Metapanoramas

Simon Sherwin
Thanks everybody.
Greetings Toni.I used Blender.

RE: Metapanoramas

Brad Lavins
That's great, I use blender all the time.  Have been using it for years.  I have many tutorials, on youtube on how to use blender.

On Sunday, January 5, 2014 2:05 PM, Simon Sherwin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks everybody.
Greetings Toni.I used Blender.

RE: Metapanoramas

Briar
This was quite stunning! Briar

Mappings of the sphere to a plane are usually presented as mathematical equations.  These being somewhat daunting I've put together a simple video animation to illustrate in a more graphic way some of the common projections which panorama makers use.

You will find here a set of different renderings of this metapanorama.  Hopefully somebody here may find it of interest.

 http://vimeo.com/simonsherwin/videos

Re: Metapanoramas

Fernando Costa Pinto
Uau ..I like that ..very very nice ...

--
71 9906 9966 vivo
71 9173 2722 tim
71 3331 6723 fixo

Re: Metapanoramas

Peter A. Schaible
I am SO impressed!! Can you reveal anything about how this work was created? I would love to lean how to do it!  Please advise.

 Thanks.

  -- Peter

Re: Metapanoramas

Brad Lavins
Hi Simon,

Sure, here is a link to my youtube channel for my blender tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DragonFire360Media/

As far as my pano's I haven't uploaded much.  I have uploaded a video pano I created using trial software and 4 gopro hero cams.  I set the cams up in a block formation.  I am working on making a gui in vb.net for using hugin and ffmpeg to strip frames from mpeg videos and stitch them together then convert them back to video.  But I am working on so memory issues I'm having.  Because I can get speed if I don't compress the frames in png format, but then it takes up so much memory for each frame to store it on the hard drive.  But if I compress it then it saves file space but slows the render time.  I have been toying with the idea of writing a python script and doing it all in blender.

The link to the pano I created is here: http://youtu.be/rzg-bZkXgQc
I also uploaded it to GoPano site here: http://gopa.no/E75

On Monday, January 6, 2014 11:17 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am SO impressed!! Can you reveal anything about how this work was created? I would love to lean how to do it!  Please advise.

Thanks.

 -- Peter

Re: Metapanoramas

Roger D Williams
I really enjoyed viewing these panoramas, perhaps because I was personally familiar with many of the locations. They really are splendid. And I am sure the screen movies of different projections morphing into one-another will be of interest to those who are unfamiliar with them. Very well done!

Roger W

Sent from my iPad

As I have said Peter I use Blender 3D modeling software.  http://www.blender.org/  It is free and has a great online community. It takes a bit of learning but its potential seems to me almost without limit.