Modifying projection and w & h in a .pto file

Modifying projection and w & h in a .pto file

PanoTools NG mailing list
I'm using the commandline tools to create a .pto file, but there are a
couple of things I haven't figured out:

1. I'm adding two images, and I can specify the projection with the -p
option of pto_gen, but I need to have different projections for the two
images.  How can I do that?  A workaround is to create two .pto files,
one for each image and specify the projection differently, and then do a
pto_merge, but if there is a more direct way, I'd use that.

2. I want to use a specific resolution in the p line, but I can't see a
way to change it, except using the -s option of autooptimise to change
it automatically (which doesn't give me the desired resolution).  As a
workaround I can of course use some awk or perl magic to modify the
.pto file, but can I rather do it with the Hugin tools?

Steinar

Re: Modifying projection and w & h in a .pto file

PanoTools NG mailing list
Am 29.10.2014 22:42, schrieb Steinar Midtskogen:

> 1. I'm adding two images, and I can specify the projection with the -p
> option of pto_gen, but I need to have different projections for the two
> images.  How can I do that?  A workaround is to create two .pto files,
> one for each image and specify the projection differently, and then do a
> pto_merge, but if there is a more direct way, I'd use that.
>
> 2. I want to use a specific resolution in the p line, but I can't see a
> way to change it, except using the -s option of autooptimise to change
> it automatically (which doesn't give me the desired resolution).  As a
> workaround I can of course use some awk or perl magic to modify the
> .pto file, but can I rather do it with the Hugin tools?

Sorry, I have no direct solution for your problems, but the PTO file
format is based on the panotools script format, which is documented
here: http://wiki.panotools.org/PTStitcher#Example_Script

Maybe this helps. If not I'd recommend asking in the hugin list:
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/hugin-ptx

Re: Modifying projection and w & h in a .pto file

PanoTools NG mailing list
> Maybe this helps. If not I'd recommend asking in the hugin list:
> https://groups.google.com/d/forum/hugin-ptx

I found some script examples browsing the archives and what I was
looking for was pano_modify, at least to modify the size of the panorama
canvas.

Thanks.  I'm now pretty close to have a fully automated calibration
script for my cameras with fixed mounting: After a starry night I can
run the script which will analyse the videos from that night and in the
end I will for each camera have .pto files which I can use to translate
between x,y and azimuth, altitude, or for stitching/reprojection.  The
only piece left not working optimally is to get astrometry.net realiably
identify the stars correctly, so currently I have to assign their RA/Dec
manually.

--
Steinar