Multi-Core / Multi machine question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Multi-Core / Multi machine question

Rick Drew
The 3D rendering software I use (or used to use) supported multi machine
rendering - I used my old PC's and idle PC's for a rendering farm. Since
Gigapixel images are more the norm today, are there any plans for this with
our stitching tools? PTGui, etc? I read with a little dismay the
multi-core/thread issue earlier today and thought that rendering engines
would be the perfect solution.  That or allowing stitching in sections -
divide the image into quadrants, stitch those then assemble.

 

I have six PC's in my home office, and two are idle 85% of the time (print
servers) and the rest are idle overnight.  Perfect for rendering!

 

Just curious..

 

Rick Drew

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multi-Core / Multi machine question

Erik Krause
Administrator
Am 17.11.2011 07:17, schrieb Rick Drew:
> The 3D rendering software I use (or used to use) supported multi machine
> rendering – I used my old PC’s and idle PC’s for a rendering farm. Since
> Gigapixel images are more the norm today, are there any plans for this
> with our stitching tools? PTGui, etc? I read with a little dismay the
> multi-core/thread issue earlier today and thought that rendering engines
> would be the perfect solution.  That or allowing stitching in sections –
> divide the image into quadrants, stitch those then assemble.

Use slicer by Bernhard Vogl: http://dativ.at/slicer/index.html

You can easily distribute the sliced PTGui project files on multiple
machines...

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de


------------------------------------

--
<*> Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
<*> User Guidelines: http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines
<*> Nabble (Web) http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/
<*> NG Member Map http://www.panomaps.com/ng
<*> Moderators/List Admins: [hidden email]
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [hidden email]
    [hidden email]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multi-Core / Multi machine question

giant_klobasa_monster
won't Slicer result in blending artifacts?

--- In [hidden email], Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

>
> Am 17.11.2011 07:17, schrieb Rick Drew:
> > The 3D rendering software I use (or used to use) supported multi machine
> > rendering � I used my old PC�s and idle PC�s for a rendering farm. Since
> > Gigapixel images are more the norm today, are there any plans for this
> > with our stitching tools? PTGui, etc? I read with a little dismay the
> > multi-core/thread issue earlier today and thought that rendering engines
> > would be the perfect solution.  That or allowing stitching in sections �
> > divide the image into quadrants, stitch those then assemble.
>
> Use slicer by Bernhard Vogl: http://dativ.at/slicer/index.html
>
> You can easily distribute the sliced PTGui project files on multiple
> machines...
>
> --
> Erik Krause
> http://www.erik-krause.de
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multi-Core / Multi machine question

pedro_silva58
not necessarily.  but, as with most tools, there may be a learning curve.  why don't you start trying it (say, on a smaller project, on a single machine)?

cheers,
pedro

--- In [hidden email], "prague" <panoramas@...> wrote:

>
> won't Slicer result in blending artifacts?
>
> --- In [hidden email], Erik Krause <erik.krause@> wrote:
> >
> > Am 17.11.2011 07:17, schrieb Rick Drew:
> > > The 3D rendering software I use (or used to use) supported multi machine
> > > rendering � I used my old PC�s and idle PC�s for a rendering farm. Since
> > > Gigapixel images are more the norm today, are there any plans for this
> > > with our stitching tools? PTGui, etc? I read with a little dismay the
> > > multi-core/thread issue earlier today and thought that rendering engines
> > > would be the perfect solution.  That or allowing stitching in sections �
> > > divide the image into quadrants, stitch those then assemble.
> >
> > Use slicer by Bernhard Vogl: http://dativ.at/slicer/index.html
> >
> > You can easily distribute the sliced PTGui project files on multiple
> > machines...
> >
> > --
> > Erik Krause
> > http://www.erik-krause.de
> >
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Multi-Core / Multi machine question

Erik Krause
Administrator
In reply to this post by giant_klobasa_monster
Am 22.11.2011 10:03, schrieb prague:
> won't Slicer result in blending artifacts?

 From Bernhard's page: "Optionally, define overscan to enable better
blending of critical image regions (you have to cut away those pixels
after the rendering). E.g. defining an overscan of 1000 pixels will add
500 pixels on the left and 500 pixels on the right."

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de


------------------------------------

--
<*> Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
<*> User Guidelines: http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines
<*> Nabble (Web) http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/
<*> NG Member Map http://www.panomaps.com/ng
<*> Moderators/List Admins: [hidden email]
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [hidden email]
    [hidden email]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/