Quantcast

My first attempt at anaglyph sphericals

jrgen_schrader
While I never was too much impressed by viewing images with red/cyan glasses I tried to avoid the actual 3D hype until an inquiry from a friend struck me.

So today I took the plunge and followed Wim's excellent tutorial, which got me immediately right to where I wanted to go. Thank you so much, Wim, and be prepared for more then one beer next time we meet (and probably a lengthy mail during the next days) ;)

You got me hooked somehow and there's plenty of opportunities for studies and experiments now.

http://bavaria360.de/winter/

Enjoy
Jürgen

No need to search for the link to the tutorial
http://tinyurl.com/3238kxt

Re: My first attempt at anaglyph sphericals

Willy Kaemena
WOW  that looks like a piece of resin   when seen with the  glasses !!  very impressive

think I have to re read the  tutorial ;-)

Willy

On Nov 30, 2010, at 16:30, jrgen_schrader wrote:

> While I never was too much impressed by viewing images with red/cyan glasses I tried to avoid the actual 3D hype until an inquiry from a friend struck me.
>
> So today I took the plunge and followed Wim's excellent tutorial, which got me immediately right to where I wanted to go. Thank you so much, Wim, and be prepared for more then one beer next time we meet (and probably a lengthy mail during the next days) ;)
>
> You got me hooked somehow and there's plenty of opportunities for studies and experiments now.
>
> http://bavaria360.de/winter/
>
> Enjoy
> Jürgen
>
> No need to search for the link to the tutorial
> http://tinyurl.com/3238kxt

Re: My first attempt at anaglyph sphericals

jrgen_schrader
Hehe, yes. People will then get literally struck by your trains :))

--- In [hidden email], Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

> WOW  that looks like a piece of resin   when seen with the  glasses !!  very impressive
>
> think I have to re read the  tutorial ;-)
>
> Willy
>
> On Nov 30, 2010, at 16:30, jrgen_schrader wrote:
>
> > While I never was too much impressed by viewing images with red/cyan glasses I tried to avoid the actual 3D hype until an inquiry from a friend struck me.
> >
> > So today I took the plunge and followed Wim's excellent tutorial, which got me immediately right to where I wanted to go. Thank you so much, Wim, and be prepared for more then one beer next time we meet (and probably a lengthy mail during the next days) ;)
> >
> > You got me hooked somehow and there's plenty of opportunities for studies and experiments now.
> >
> > http://bavaria360.de/winter/
> >
> > Enjoy
> > Jürgen
> >
> > No need to search for the link to the tutorial
> > http://tinyurl.com/3238kxt

Re: My first attempt at anaglyph sphericals

Wim Koornneef
Hello Jürgen,

Now it is my turn to say WOW !

It seems to me "you got it one", the 3D depth of the winter pano is fine, the zero parallax point is set well, nadir looks good, no stitching errors, the scene is great and the colors are as they should be so I am glad you jumped on the 3D train :-)

I seems to me that you are already a master in this so I doubt that there is much that I can tell you but if you have any questions then please feel free to send me a mail.

Anyway, I am looking forward to see you next time, perhaps at the PanoTools Meeting in Vienna next year ?
I hope Willy is by then also on the 3D train, after all he is our train expert ;-)

Best,
Wim

jrgen_schrader wrote
While I never was too much impressed by viewing images with red/cyan glasses I tried to avoid the actual 3D hype until an inquiry from a friend struck me.

So today I took the plunge and followed Wim's excellent tutorial, which got me immediately right to where I wanted to go. Thank you so much, Wim, and be prepared for more then one beer next time we meet (and probably a lengthy mail during the next days) ;)

You got me hooked somehow and there's plenty of opportunities for studies and experiments now.

http://bavaria360.de/winter/

Enjoy
Jürgen

No need to search for the link to the tutorial
http://tinyurl.com/3238kxt

Re: My first attempt at anaglyph sphericals

jrgen_schrader
Thank you Wim. But I think that it turned out so well needed a good portion of luck. From the numbers you gave and a single experience I had years ago I just made an estimate for the nodal offset and how close the nearest objects should be. Also the standard mask with almost a half circle seems to work best here.

But the result was so convincing that I placed an immediate order for blue/amber glasses ;) I definitely will use this technique furtheron on more sceneries. As for the panorama itself I think it needs a lot of experience to get the best out of.

Best
Jürgen

--- In [hidden email], "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:

> While I never was too much impressed by viewing images with red/cyan glasses I tried to avoid the actual 3D hype until an inquiry from a friend struck me.
>
> So today I took the plunge and followed Wim's excellent tutorial, which got me immediately right to where I wanted to go. Thank you so much, Wim, and be prepared for more then one beer next time we meet (and probably a lengthy mail during the next days) ;)
>
> You got me hooked somehow and there's plenty of opportunities for studies and experiments now.
>
> http://bavaria360.de/winter/
>
> Enjoy
> Jürgen
>
> No need to search for the link to the tutorial
> http://tinyurl.com/3238kxt

Re: My first attempt at anaglyph sphericals

panovrx-2
If you are interested in the nitty-gritty on 3d television technologies there is this new article here:
http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/HONSHI/20101025/186796/?P=1

A new polarizing technology from Arisawa HR-Xpol (full HD with polarizing glasses without interlacing) looks like a winner to me

PeterM

--- In [hidden email], "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:

> Thank you Wim. But I think that it turned out so well needed a good portion of luck. From the numbers you gave and a single experience I had years ago I just made an estimate for the nodal offset and how close the nearest objects should be. Also the standard mask with almost a half circle seems to work best here.
>
> But the result was so convincing that I placed an immediate order for blue/amber glasses ;) I definitely will use this technique furtheron on more sceneries. As for the panorama itself I think it needs a lot of experience to get the best out of.
>
> Best
> Jürgen
>

> --- In [hidden email], "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
> >
> > While I never was too much impressed by viewing images with red/cyan glasses I tried to avoid the actual 3D hype until an inquiry from a friend struck me.
> >
> > So today I took the plunge and followed Wim's excellent tutorial, which got me immediately right to where I wanted to go. Thank you so much, Wim, and be prepared for more then one beer next time we meet (and probably a lengthy mail during the next days) ;)
> >
> > You got me hooked somehow and there's plenty of opportunities for studies and experiments now.
> >
> > http://bavaria360.de/winter/
> >
> > Enjoy
> > Jürgen
> >
> > No need to search for the link to the tutorial
> > http://tinyurl.com/3238kxt

Re: My first attempt at anaglyph sphericals

panovrx-2
Re HR-Xpol
I read it wrongly
here is another version of the article with pictures
http://3dcinecast.blogspot.com/2010/11/shift-to-3d-reignites-tv-image-quality.html

HR-Xpol gives you 1080i on a switching polarized display with glasses that switch both eyes simultaneously polarization-wise (so  --active glasses again in a different form)

PeterM
--- In [hidden email], "panovrx" <panovrx@...> wrote:

> If you are interested in the nitty-gritty on 3d television technologies there is this new article here:
> http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/HONSHI/20101025/186796/?P=1
>
> A new polarizing technology from Arisawa HR-Xpol (full HD with polarizing glasses without interlacing) looks like a winner to me
>
> PeterM
>

> --- In [hidden email], "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you Wim. But I think that it turned out so well needed a good portion of luck. From the numbers you gave and a single experience I had years ago I just made an estimate for the nodal offset and how close the nearest objects should be. Also the standard mask with almost a half circle seems to work best here.
> >
> > But the result was so convincing that I placed an immediate order for blue/amber glasses ;) I definitely will use this technique furtheron on more sceneries. As for the panorama itself I think it needs a lot of experience to get the best out of.
> >
> > Best
> > Jürgen
> >

> > --- In [hidden email], "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
> > >
> > > While I never was too much impressed by viewing images with red/cyan glasses I tried to avoid the actual 3D hype until an inquiry from a friend struck me.
> > >
> > > So today I took the plunge and followed Wim's excellent tutorial, which got me immediately right to where I wanted to go. Thank you so much, Wim, and be prepared for more then one beer next time we meet (and probably a lengthy mail during the next days) ;)
> > >
> > > You got me hooked somehow and there's plenty of opportunities for studies and experiments now.
> > >
> > > http://bavaria360.de/winter/
> > >
> > > Enjoy
> > > Jürgen
> > >
> > > No need to search for the link to the tutorial
> > > http://tinyurl.com/3238kxt

Re: My first attempt at anaglyph sphericals

jrgen_schrader
Thank you Peter, much appreciated.