Quantcast

NadirPatch.com VR photography online tools

NadirPatch.com VR photography online tools

PanoTools NG mailing list
Hi Friends
Want to present online tool for easy and fast Nadir Patch.
http://nadirpatch.com
Look forward to hear feedback from WORLD EXPERTS

Also tools for:
Cube to Sphere
Sphere to Cube
Cube projection logo

Re: NadirPatch.com VR photography online tools

PanoTools NG mailing list
The 20MB upload limitation is kind of harsh.  I don't want to be in jpg at a stage where I would use this.  My tiffs are typically 300-400MB zip compressed.  Kind of much to upload on the BW I get around here.  I did upload a 17MB jpg and try it and the EQR to cube went fine.  Each cube to download though was ~38MB tiff.

If it worked on large tiffs and did the conversion locally on my computer without uploading/downloading all the data that would be useful to me.

Looks like a nice service and should be useful to those working in jpgs.

Re: NadirPatch.com VR photography online tools

 I took a brief look at this on your web page, but haven't yet tried it.  I'm not sure I will based on the concerns below.

 1).  There are quite a few other tools on the market that do this same function and more quite effectively.

 2).  Your 20MB upload limit makes this a non-starter for me personally.  The vast majority of my stitched panoramas are 10,000 x 20,000 pixels (shot with Nikon D800 and 16mm lens).  I avoid jpg files like the plague during stitching and post production because of quality loss at every step.  So we're talking approx 600 MB files for each panorama.

 3).  Online apps are largely impractical, in my opinion.  I'm often needing to work in locations that don't have online access (or they're primitive/slow connections).  I need tools that can reside locally on my hard disk so I can use them any time.  It's also aggravating to have to upload/download so much data for processing while I'm working on it, particularly when I don't have any idea of who might be seeing it on the other end, or what they might be doing with it.

 You might want to think about making this a local app, perhaps one you charged for.

 Many people are also a little suspicious about free apps (particularly ones requiring online connections), because we wonder what the "catch" is going to be (having to put up with advertising, constant "upgrade" reminders, etc.).

 Finally, it's always a bit concerning when someone writes asking for assistance without providing their real name.  "Nadir Patch" with just a g-mail address implies someone trying to hide their identity.  I personally won't do ANY business with people who don't even have the courtesy to properly identify themselves to me.

 Regards,

 Scott Highton
Author, Virtual Reality Photography
 Web: Virtual Reality (VR) Photography - for panoramic, object, and interactive VR photographers http://www.vrphotography.com

 http://www.vrphotography.com

 Virtual Reality (VR) Photography - for panorami... http://www.vrphotography.com What's New: October, 2016 What's it like to experience VR? See for yourself with the following examples – they can be viewed on most computers, tablets, or ...

 View on www.vrphotography.com http://www.vrphotography.com
 Preview by Yahoo