Quantcast

OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Thomas Krüger
Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1

Looks too cheap to be true...

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
This should tell enough, never pay any goods through western union etc:
http://tbseller.com/payment.php

Joost

On 3-3-2011 13:58, Thomas Krüger wrote:

> Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
> The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
> Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
>
> Looks too cheap to be true...

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

A Kielcz
I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.

A Kielcz

Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.

Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1

Looks too cheap to be true...

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Eduardo Hutter
Please, don't let yourself be fooled so easy.

 This too should tell enough about whether this is legimate or not:

Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR Lens

<http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=177>
  Member  Price:*$380*
Canon EOS-1D Mark III EOS 1D 3 LENS Pro Kit BRAND NEW

<http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=147>
  Member  Price:*$405*

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM, A Kielcz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.
>
> A Kielcz

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

yesfokony
I have buy TBseller.com DELL XPS M1210 LAPTOP
already shipping to me
I now use it
very good
I intend to buy the camera again

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Walker056

I’ve been to China, Chinese products are really cheap
They have cheap labour force. Our average wage is about $4000, but in China only $300. There are a lot of large coporation have manufactories in China, some many products that we used every day are made in China
They could save a lot of laborcost, so the price is surprisely low
So I believe this

.

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Amos Perry

I have observe this web since last year, they have opened for more than one year, I think it’s ok

-

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

A Kielcz
I guess I'll wait for a new DSLR release from Nikon.
Can't buy Leica M9

A Kielcz

Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

      Please, don't let yourself be fooled so easy.

This too should tell enough about whether this is legimate or not:

Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR Lens

<http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=177>

  Member  Price:*$380*

Canon EOS-1D Mark III EOS 1D 3 LENS Pro Kit BRAND NEW

<http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=147>

  Member  Price:*$405*

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM, A Kielcz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.

> A Kielcz

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Pat Swovelin-3
On 3-3-2011 4:58 AM, Thomas Krüger's hamster got loose on the keyboard
and typed ...:
> Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
> The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
> Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
>
> Looks too cheap to be true...

Remember: if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't.  Scams and
swindlers rely on people setting aside all of the red flags that go up
in their mind because they just have-to-have that thing and will do
anything to get it.  Don't be fooled.

Pat Swovelin
Cool Guy @ Large

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

needakeeper
And if it is a fake, you have no warranty.

Stephani

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Roger D Williams
On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 21:58:36 +0900, Thomas Krüger <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
> The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
> Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
>
> Looks too cheap to be true...

Alas, when things look too cheap to be true, they usually are.

Has anyone successfully bought from this site?

Roger W.

Work: www.adex-japan.com

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Roger D Williams
On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:13:28 +0900, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> This should tell enough, never pay any goods through western union etc:
> http://tbseller.com/payment.php

Well, they do offer the use of Visa credit cards.

Roger W.

Work: www.adex-japan.com

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Will Brown
Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
I wouldn't trust them.
Will

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:50:20 +0900, wilster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I
> looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing
> reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
> http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
> I wouldn't trust them.
> Will

The Japanese media have been full of an Alibaba scandal recently, in
which an Alibaba executive cooperated with a number of vendors who
use this site to defraud customers. Maybe this site is a part of that
operation?

Initially I wondered if they might be selling bankrupt stock or
remainders... when I checked their Nikon offerings they were
largely for the D300, which has been replaced by the D300s for
some time (at least here in Japana--assume so elsewhere). But
then I saw an iPad for about half price. THAT seems quite
impossible unless the Chinese manufacturer is diverting stuff
 from Apple, in which case how could the guarantee and support
work? The hardware is clearly and uniquely identified. Apple
would be bound to recognize this was a pirated product.

Caveat emptor!

Roger W.

Work: www.adex-japan.com

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Roger D Williams
Sorry, I see that this post was ambiguous and possibly misleading.

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:35:46 +0900, Roger D. Williams
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:50:20 +0900, wilster <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I
>> looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing
>> reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
>> http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
>> I wouldn't trust them.
>> Will
>
> The Japanese media have been full of an Alibaba scandal recently, in
> which an Alibaba executive cooperated with a number of vendors who
> use this site to defraud customers. Maybe this site is a part of that

The first "this" refers to the entire Alibaba site. The second
"this" refers to the improbable bargain site.

> operation?
>
> Initially I wondered if they might be selling bankrupt stock or
> remainders... when I checked their Nikon offerings they were
> largely for the D300, which has been replaced by the D300s for
> some time (at least here in Japana--assume so elsewhere). But
> then I saw an iPad for about half price. THAT seems quite
> impossible unless the Chinese manufacturer is diverting stuff
>  from Apple, in which case how could the guarantee and support
> work? The hardware is clearly and uniquely identified. Apple
> would be bound to recognize this was a pirated product.

Sorry!

Work: www.adex-japan.com

Re: OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

Thomas Krüger
Ahh, this is even better. After my first posting about tbseller.com through Nabble on PanoToolsNG there is comment spam pending on this thread at Nabble from 3 new users, Walker056, Amos Perry and yesfokony.

yesfokony writes: "I have buy TBseller.com DELL XPS M1210 LAPTOP
already shipping to me
I now use it
very good
I intend to buy the camera again"

And the tbseller offer "Canon EOS 5D Mark II SLR Camera 24-105 IS 16GB 15PC Kit" for 480 US$ is definitive a fraud. They even give you 2 8Gb CF cards with this kit...
http://tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=145

So HANDS OFF !!!!!!!