PTGui 10 stitching speeds

PanoTools NG mailing list
I upgraded to PTGui 10 this weekend and did some before and after speed
tests. Prior to installing v10, I stitched two panos, one shot with a 10mm
fisheye and another with a 20mm lens, The fisheye image was 15,000 x 7,500
pixels and the 20mm was 30,000 x 15,000 pixels. Under v9, the fisheye took 5
minutes 38 seconds to stitch, but only 46 seconds with v10. The 20mm stitch
took 22:19 under v9 and 4:50 with v10! I think the 20mm time savings was
less than the fisheye stitch due to the time required to save the
significantly larger file to disk. Final stitch times are closer to what I
remember waiting for lower resolution previews to produce.

Great job Joost!

Mark

Re: PTGui 10 stitching speeds

PanoTools NG mailing list
BUT
does not work on MAC OS 10.8  :-(

+55-21-99982.6313
http://ayrton360.com
twitter.com/ayrton360

*"It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."*

I had no problem running PTGui 10 on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9

Re: PTGui 10 stitching speeds

PanoTools NG mailing list
On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM, [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had no problem running PTGui 10 on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9

that's EXACTLY what I said :-)
Does NOT run on 10.8