Samyang 8mm f3.5 lens

I remember years ago, someone in this group tested this lens and posted some results and suggestion how to use it here. I think his name was Jeffrey ???, but maybe I'm mistaking. Could someone point me in the right direction?
BTW is Nikon 10.5 lens sharper than Samyang?
Thank you!

A Kielcz
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

Re: Samyang 8mm f3.5 lens

PanoTools NG mailing list
Am 31.05.2014 23:26, schrieb A Kielcz:
> I remember years ago, someone in this group tested this lens and posted
> some results and suggestion how to use it here. I think his name was
> Jeffrey ???, but maybe I'm mistaking. Could someone point me in the
> right direction?

Michel Thoby?
-> http://michel.thoby.free.fr/SAMYANG/Early%20test%20report.html

> BTW is Nikon 10.5 lens sharper than Samyang?

Most likely, yes.

Re: Samyang 8mm f3.5 lens

I think Ken Rockwell has a bit on the Sam Yang. I purchased the Sam Yang and have only one complaint. The focus was way off. I was ready to return the lens. Did a focus test and found the focus ring was usable. There are instructions on the net for resetting the ring. Here is a link to a youtube video I did about the lens. Its not scientific but does address the focus problem. Sorry I do not have a comparison between the two lenses.      8mm Lens Rokinon, Sam Yang Fisheye Review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgxu8pvFqNU

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgxu8pvFqNU

 8mm Lens Rokinon, Sam Yang Fisheye Review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgxu8pvFqNU A very unscientic review of the 8mm Fisheye lens. Ken Rockwell has a great write up on his site. To view the panos shot with this lens please go to www.k...

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgxu8pvFqNU
 Preview by Yahoo