Some coaching on a FX lens for Nikon ...16mm??

Some coaching on a FX lens for Nikon ...16mm??

jimbo
Hi,
I'd like to get a Nikon 16mm 2.8 fisheye lens..Noticed on previous posts that it seemed to fair well or so I thought.. I have a couple ways to go.. The older AIS lens (manual or one of the later auto focus versions).. I'll shoot an 800e so I'm after someting that will work with it along with lesser MP rigs.. I only want to do this once so I'd appreciate any guidance available.

jimbo

Re: Some coaching on a FX lens for Nikon ...16mm??

luca vascon-3
Go for the 16mm AF, or you have to find a 100% working example 15mm Sigma.
AFD nikkor verion has a better multicoating than previous AIS. while
retaining the same optical scheme from the AI and AIS version
http://panopticus.altervista.org/fishlist/fishlist_35mm_n-z.htm
:-P

2012/6/17 montana_jimbo <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
> I'd like to get a Nikon 16mm 2.8 fisheye lens..Noticed on previous posts
> that it seemed to fair well or so I thought.. I have a couple ways to go..
> The older AIS lens (manual or one of the later auto focus versions).. I'll
> shoot an 800e so I'm after someting that will work with it along with
> lesser MP rigs.. I only want to do this once so I'd appreciate any guidance
> available.
>
> jimbo

Luca Vascon.
--
www.lucavascon.net

www.officinepanottiche.com
www.nuovostudio.it

Re: Some coaching on a FX lens for Nikon ...16mm??

jimbo
Thanks Luca  ... Nice reference site also.

jimbo
[...]

  No virus found in this message.

Re: Some coaching on a FX lens for Nikon ...16mm??

john law
Hi Jimbo

I use the 800e & 16mm af, see these tests:

http://www.john-law.net/projects/e-tests/index.html

6 round +Z on a 360p 'adjuste' works well!

hope this helps

JL

John Law ARPS
JL Panoramas
www.john-law.org.uk
[hidden email]
t:   01225 339590
m: 07814 993904

Re: Some coaching on a FX lens for Nikon ...16mm??

Zarl

for this panorama I used the 14-24mm 2.8 AF-S Nikkor at 16mm on my D300
using a 360Precision Adjuste:
<http://www.360cities.net/image/autumn-colors-at-grosser-ahornboden>

That's my first zoom lens since a Tokina I had more than 25 years ago.
Great lens but no fisheye...

BTW Nikon's technical guide for the 800e
<http://www.nikonusa.com/en_US/o/Y6wrkA9OU_z04IreazIXl_22UII/PDF/D800_TechnicalGuide_En.pdf>
has some lens recommendations on page 16.

Carl

Posted by: "montana_jimbo" on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:24 pm ((PDT))

> Hi,
> I'd like to get a Nikon 16mm 2.8 fisheye lens..Noticed on previous
> posts that it seemed to fair well or so I thought.. I have a couple
> ways to go.. The older AIS lens (manual or one of the later auto
> focus versions).. I'll shoot an 800e so I'm after someting that will
> work with it along with lesser MP rigs.. I only want to do this once
> so I'd appreciate any guidance available.

Re: Some coaching on a FX lens for Nikon ...16mm??

Robert C. Fisher
Nice John, Nice detail. Did you have any issues with more? Also have you compared the 800e against the 800 with the OLPF?

On Jun 17, 2012, at 5:30 AM, john law wrote:

> Hi Jimbo
>
> I use the 800e & 16mm af, see these tests:
>
> http://www.john-law.net/projects/e-tests/index.html
>
> 6 round +Z on a 360p 'adjuste' works well!
>
> hope this helps
>
> JL
>
> John Law ARPS
> JL Panoramas
> www.john-law.org.uk
> [hidden email]
> t:   01225 339590
> m: 07814 993904

Cheers
Robert C. Fisher
VR Photography / Cinematography
[hidden email]
http://www.rcfisher.com
Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

Re: Some coaching on a FX lens for Nikon ...16mm??

luca vascon-3
You would'love that monster even better on a ff sensor!
:-) see you soon my friend!

sent through my Android  mobile
Il giorno 17/giu/2012 15:01, "Carl von Einem" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> for this panorama I used the 14-24mm 2.8 AF-S Nikkor at 16mm on my D300
> using a 360Precision Adjuste:
> <http://www.360cities.net/image/autumn-colors-at-grosser-ahornboden>
>
> That's my first zoom lens since a Tokina I had more than 25 years ago.
> Great lens but no fisheye...
>
> BTW Nikon's technical guide for the 800e
> <
> http://www.nikonusa.com/en_US/o/Y6wrkA9OU_z04IreazIXl_22UII/PDF/D800_TechnicalGuide_En.pdf
> >
> has some lens recommendations on page 16.
>
> Carl
>
> Posted by: "montana_jimbo" on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:24 pm ((PDT))
> >
> > Hi,
> > I'd like to get a Nikon 16mm 2.8 fisheye lens..Noticed on previous
> > posts that it seemed to fair well or so I thought.. I have a couple
> > ways to go.. The older AIS lens (manual or one of the later auto
> > focus versions).. I'll shoot an 800e so I'm after someting that will
> > work with it along with lesser MP rigs.. I only want to do this once
> > so I'd appreciate any guidance available.

Re: Some coaching on a FX lens for Nikon ...16mm??

Zarl
See you in Den Haag! :-)
Carl

Posted by: "luca vascon" officine_panottiche on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:26 am
((PDT))

> You would'love that monster even better on a ff sensor!
> :-) see you soon my friend!
>
> Il giorno 17/giu/2012 15:01, "Carl von Einem" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>> >
>> > for this panorama I used the 14-24mm 2.8 AF-S Nikkor at 16mm on my D300
>> > using a 360Precision Adjuste:
>> > <http://www.360cities.net/image/autumn-colors-at-grosser-ahornboden>

Re: Some coaching on a FX lens for Nikon ...16mm??

Wheaton, Simon
Looks good.

D800E so tempting.

What pano pixel dimensions do you end up with in this combination?

I will probably try to find the best rectilinear in 20-24mm range for panos with the D800E.

Thanks,
Simon
Canberra
AUSTRALIA

________________________________
I use the 800e & 16mm af, see these tests:

http://www.john-law.net/projects/e-tests/index.html

6 round +Z on a 360p 'adjuste' works well!

hope this helps

JL

John Law ARPS
JL Panoramas
www.john-law.org.uk<http://www.john-law.org.uk>
[hidden email]
t:   01225 339590
m: 07814 993904

CIT is the ACT Large Training Provider of the Year.
Subscribe to CIT Industry Connection - CIT's free, bi monthly publication:
http://cit.edu.au/industry_business/industry_connection/