Stitching server side

rafa226
Hello All

 This is my first post and i am pleased to salute you :)

 I am using a bash script to stitch pictures on a debian9 server (1 core cpu, 4Go ram) : the panorama has many errors and glitches.
 Trying the script on OSX (i7 8700k cpu + nvidia 1080gtx + 16go ram) renders almost perfectly stitched panorama.

 You can compare the 2 resulting pictures :
https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_osx.jpg https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_osx.jpg
https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_debian.jpg https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_debian.jpg

 The debian script is here :
https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/stitch_debian.sh https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/stitch_debian.sh

 And the osx script is there :
 https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/stitchmac.sh https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/stitchmac.sh

 Main differences with softwares are versions :
On Debian :
 - Hugin's cpfind 2016.2.0.be8da0221960
- enblend 4.2
- nona version 2016.2.0.be8da0221960

 On OSX :
- Hugin's cpfind 2013.0.0
- enblend 4.1.1
- nona --version not supported ...

 Did some body else encountered those differences and have a clue of what i am doing wrong ?

 Can it be the weak server hardware compared to the mac ? Software versions ? Wrong logic or params in the shell script ?

 All advises and suggestions will be appreciated !

 Have a nice day

 Rafa

Re: Stitching server side

Am 26.05.2018 um 10:44 schrieb [hidden email]:

> This is my first post and i am pleased to salute you:)

You're welcome!

> I am using a bash script to stitch pictures on a debian9 server (1
> core cpu, 4Go ram) : the panorama has many errors and glitches.
> Trying the script on OSX (i7 8700k cpu + nvidia 1080gtx + 16go ram)
> renders almost perfectly stitched panorama.

Sorry I can't help you. This seems to be a hugin related problem hence
you might have more luck in the hugin mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hugin-ptx

Re: Stitching server side

rafa226
Thank you Erik for your answer.

 I am looking forward to the hugin mailing list, in order to find clues =>
 I'll let you know if i find the solution.

 While this moment, i will use wine + PTstitcherNG on the linux server, and a generated .pts file, the stitching time is amazing compared to nona and enblend !
 Here is the shell script :
https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitchNG/blob/master/stitch_nikon_8mm.sh https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitchNG/blob/master/stitch_nikon_8mm.sh

Re: Stitching server side

Am 26.05.2018 um 10:44 schrieb [hidden email]:
> https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_osx.jpg  https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_osx.jpg
> https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_debian.jpg  https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_debian.jpg

Having looked at your images again I guess that there are different lens
parameters. As an obvious difference between both scripts: For the mac
version you set FOV in pano_modify, for debian not.

But these are wild guesses, I'm in no way familiar with pano scripting...

Re: Stitching server side

rafa226
Hello Erik

 Thank you for your answer.
 Adding the --fov=360x180 gives exactly the same result :/

 Cheers
 rafa

Re: Stitching server side

Bruno Postle
Hi Rafa, the problems with the output look mainly like you are
stitching circular fisheye photos without setting a 'crop circle'
for the input photos.

The glitches are the result of the black areas outside the image
circle being included in the panorama.

--
Bruno

On Sat 26-May-2018 at 08:44 +0000, PanoTools NG wrote:

> This is my first post and i am pleased to salute you :)
>
> I am using a bash script to stitch pictures on a debian9 server (1 core cpu, 4Go ram) : the panorama has many errors and glitches.
> Trying the script on OSX (i7 8700k cpu + nvidia 1080gtx + 16go ram) renders almost perfectly stitched panorama.
>
> You can compare the 2 resulting pictures :
>https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_osx.jpg https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_osx.jpg
>https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_debian.jpg https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/pano_debian.jpg
>
> The debian script is here :
>https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/stitch_debian.sh https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/stitch_debian.sh
>
> And the osx script is there :
> https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/stitchmac.sh https://github.com/lesitevideo/kinostitch/blob/master/stitchmac.sh
>
> Main differences with softwares are versions :
>On Debian :
> - Hugin's cpfind 2016.2.0.be8da0221960
>- enblend 4.2
>- nona version 2016.2.0.be8da0221960
>
> On OSX :
>- Hugin's cpfind 2013.0.0
>- enblend 4.1.1
>- nona --version not supported ...
>
> Did some body else encountered those differences and have a clue of what i am doing wrong ?
>
> Can it be the weak server hardware compared to the mac ? Software versions ? Wrong logic or params in the shell script ?
>
> All advises and suggestions will be appreciated !
>
> Have a nice day
>
> Rafa

Re: Stitching server side

rafa226
Hi Bruno

 Thank you for your answer !

 Indeed i use 4 circular fisheye photos, shot with a canon 50D + canon 8/15mm @ 8mm.
 Trying with a nikon d7200 gave me the same results.
 And both are APS-C cameras.

 I am outside today but will try to find a way to crop pictures tomorrow :
I guess pano_modify will give me the possility to achieve this, otherwise imagemagick may be a solution (hard cropping jpegs with a predefined template mask/generating pngs+alpha).

 Cheers

 Rafa

Re: Stitching server side

Bruno Postle
Hi Rafa, since you are using the Hugin toolchain, I suggest you stitch a panorama using the Hugin GUI and use the resulting PTO project file as a template for automated stitching.

This way your cropping, masking and lens parameters can be reused with each new panorama. Just adding control points and optimising positions will be much more reliable than asking the software to figure everything out from scratch every time.

--
Bruno

On 29 May 2018 08:42:43 BST, [hidden email] wrote:

> Thank you for your answer !
>
>Indeed i use 4 circular fisheye photos, shot with a canon 50D + canon
>8/15mm @ 8mm.
> Trying with a nikon d7200 gave me the same results.
> And both are APS-C cameras.
>
>I am outside today but will try to find a way to crop pictures tomorrow
>:
>I guess pano_modify will give me the possility to achieve this,
>otherwise imagemagick may be a solution (hard cropping jpegs with a
>predefined template mask/generating pngs+alpha).

Re: Stitching server side

rafa226
Hello Bruno

 I already do this with ptstitcherNG on the server, using wine.
It stitches a panorama from 4 jpegs in approx. 160seconds on a small server and it's pretty neat.

 The user has a web interface, he chooses his hardware in a list, he uploads his enfused pictures, then he just have to clic on a "stitch" button and he can go make a coffee while the server makes the job.
 ( BTW if someone wants those files and sources, just tell me, i'll be glad to share ! )

 But i want to try achieving the full operation of aligning and cpfinding because users with other configurations won't be able to stitch properly until i haven't prepared a template.
Of course it will be much more greedy, and it will take more time, but also more flexible.

 I'll tell you the result of the cropping !

 Cheers

 rafa