The Future of VR - Is This All There Is?

The Future of VR - Is This All There Is?

PanoTools NG mailing list
A new article on the Future of VR is now available on the Virtual Reality Photography web site at:

 http://vrphotography.com/futureofvr/ http://vrphotography.com/futureofvr/

 Scott Highton
 Author, Virtual Reality Photography
 Web: http://www.vrphotography.com

RE: The Future of VR - Is This All There Is?

PanoTools NG mailing list
I got to see the potential at a party a couple of days ago.

Brought my GearVR S6.

Everyone was blown away. My first impressions were also lack luster for the first hour. But I own the GearVR and finally found incredible content.

There’s literally NOTHING that can replace a HMD experience with 3d sources.  When they get higher resolution, lighter, more comfortable, work without overheating it’s going to be insance...

Even with all the first gens drawbacks, I’ve never seen a group of people more shaken up by new tech.

Best Regards,

Sacha Griffin

http://www.seeit360.com <http://www.seeit360.com/>

http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

IM: [hidden email]

Office: 404-551-4275

Re: RE: [PanoToolsNG] The Future of VR - Is This All There Is?

PanoTools NG mailing list
I viewed my panos on a Gear VR last week. For the first time, I was able to view those locations as they were when I originally shot them. No wild scrolling or partial views - I was there. After shooting 360 panos for 8 years, I think that our time has arrived. No time for dismal projections. This is our moment.

Regards,

Randy Kosek

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: RE: [PanoToolsNG] The Future of VR - Is This All There Is?

PanoTools NG mailing list

I tried Gear VR about few months ago and many times since but was always dissapointed - no real feeling of virtual reality but beeing like in a sort of claustrofobic tunnel and bad vision. I am aware it is just the begining that is why I started with adding stereo panoramas to my workflow - the impression is something beter but the production is much harder- at the moment my investment of time is 1:12 comparing mono to stereo... not justifying the invested time....

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

At 10. avg. 2015 21.26.59, Randy Kosek [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] wrote:

I viewed my panos on a Gear VR last week. For the first time, I was able to view those locations as they were when I originally shot them. No wild scrolling or partial views - I was there. After shooting 360 panos for 8 years, I think that our time has arrived. No time for dismal projections. This is our moment.

Regards,

Randy Kosek

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

A new article on the Future of VR is now available on the Virtual Reality Photography web site at:

http://vrphotography.com/futureofvr/

Scott Highton

Author, Virtual Reality Photography

Web: http://www.vrphotography.com

Posted by: Bostjan Burger <[hidden email]>

.