Unethical advertising incentives?

Re: RES: [PanoToolsNG] Unethical advertising incentives?

Christian Bloch-2
Apologies if I go off-topic.

But as far as I see it, these social networks are ONLY good for business relations. Personal information, and staying in touch with REAL friends - well, there is no shortcut to the personal time together. If there is a person from my high school, that I lost contact with, then there's no reason to become internet buddies with them right now. There are other old friends that I kept in contact with very well, and transferring these relationships into the virtual space would in fact cancel out valuable face-to-face interaction that I value.

Also there is the looming privacy concern. AFAIK every online database that is licensed in the  US has to open its information to government agencies upon request. That's a simple fact. Coming from East Germany, I can remember the "Stasi", and I know they would have just loved to such an easy way of maintaining a database of all citizens. Call me paranoid, but what's on the internet is and stays on the internet, and if somebody really wants to get access to it, they will. So, as long as facebook or other personal Online IDs are voluntary, I prefer to opt out and keep my personal life for myself.

That's why I think using these networks for business opportunities is the only proper way to use them.

Blochi

On Apr 2, 2011, at 8:51 AM, AYRTON wrote:

> Win,
> I do have a twitter account. With 2.300 followers right now
>
> Most of them, are PHOTOGRAPHERS that want to keep in touch with all the
> infos, news, that I tweet about and my photos that I keep feeding from my
> site.
>
> I got already around 10 new Clients that got to see my site coming from
> twitter indications
> AND, most interesting ... some of these Clients come from other
> photographers who follow me, and that they told their Clients that I was the
> "one" who could do what they need for their companies
>
> So, it is a social thing, where everyone is in touch, talking about similar
> interests ... mine is photography, so I get more professionals following me
> Also I found old friends and old Clients too
>
> It is a new way of being on the web
>
> best
> AYRTON
>
> On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Wim Koornneef <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

> > Hello group,
> >
> > For me it is clear that Matt, as many others do, jumped on the social
> > marketing train to promote his business and from a marketeer perspective he
> > did a really smart move.
> >
> > Since recent my wife has a Twitter account and on a daily base she gets
> > emails that people are following here.
> > As it turns out over 90% ! of all new followers are businesses, when the
> > first message arrived for a very short moment I thought, are they really
> > interested in what she is doing ? are they wanted to show the world that
> > there business has a social face ? Why are they following here ?
> >
> > I can be naive from time to time but in this case I am not, for sure few of
> > them are socially involved but to me it seems that the majority of them are
> > just infiltrating the social networks for commercial purposes and this fact
> > alone feels like an abuse of a social network.
> > I dont like this and for me this is reason enough to never join Twitter or
> > any other social media network.
> >
> > If you have a Twitter or other social network account then I hope you are
> > happy with it, but when you are running a business then I hope you realize
> > that there are people like me who are not happy with your social network
> > marketing activities.
> >
> > @Matt, this is not a personal attack on you but this is how I feel in
> > general about the infiltration of businesses in social networks.
> >
> > Best, Wim
> >

> > Best,
> > Wim
> >

> > --

> > --
> >

> --
>
> + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
> + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
> http://ayrton360.com
> twitter.com/ayrton360

Re: RES: [PanoToolsNG] Unethical advertising incentives?

Keith Martin-2
Sometime around 2/4/11 (at 11:55 -0700) Christian Bloch said:

>as far as I see it, these social networks are ONLY good for business
>relations. Personal information, and staying in touch with REAL
>friends - well, there is no shortcut to the personal time together.

No, but I am in touch with a great many friends through Twitter,
almost all of whom I would otherwise lose touch with because they're
simply too far away - a different city, a different country, a
different hemisphere. Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
street, the park, the pub...

I also use it to find and share information and developments in and
around publishing (one of my main teaching areas), law, photography,
web and app development, and other random things, and also to get in
touch with people with similar interests. It ISN'T a replacement for
any real-world form of communication. It is a NEW form of
communication that sits comfortably and productively alongside other
things. It is also fine for anyone to ignore it, of course. Nobody
has to use it, and nobody should feel pressured into trying it if
they don't want to.

I'm @thatkeith on Twitter BTW, if anyone's interested. :-)

I said:

>Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
>of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
>street, the park, the pub...

I meant a face-to-face-LIKE level of communication. Doh!

Re: 360Precision

tunaykan
Matthew Rogers (360Precision) is a thief.
He did not send me the product I bought.
I will take legal action against him
123