WWP is alive!

Hello,

after a chain of unfortunate issues, which even caused the wwp page
being closed down for a while, the WWP is now up again and run by a new
admin team, which I'm proud to be a member of.

I just published the 2018 autumn event, with the theme "Rain":
http://worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp/

Due to the special circumstances we decided to extend the time frame of
this event until September 2019. So if you have a panorama for the theme
"Rain" you are welcome to contribute. Same applies to the winter event
"Best of 2018". You are welcome to contribute your best panorama from 2018.

If you don't know what the WWP is:
http://worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp/about.html

Re: WWP is alive!

Jim Watters
Thank you all involved in getting WWP back up and running.

Jim

RE: WWP is alive!

Mike Johnston-2
Me Too!

Thanks

Mike J.

Thank you all involved in getting WWP back up and running.

Jim

Re: WWP is alive!

Robert C. Fisher
What happened to it? I’ve been out of touch.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 4, 2019, at 9:42 AM, 'Mike Johnston' [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Me Too!
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike J.

Re: WWP is alive!

Am 04.07.2019 um 19:18 schrieb Robert Fisher:

> What happened to it? I’ve been out of touch.

In a nutshell:
Dreamhost upgraded MySQL and the new version dropped a function which
was vital to logon to the prep and admin server. Some nasty user wanted
to have his content removed, and since this wasn't possible ATM he filed
a copyright notice to dreamhost, so they closed the page. Markus'
computer had died where the passwords where stored. He searched in the
backups in his scarce time but digged out too old ones. Don was
traveling most of the time and didn't have the passwords either. He
finally re-activated the page and after my holidays he provided me with
the server credentials, so I could search for the MySQL bug...

Re: WWP is alive!

Robert C. Fisher
Wow, the perfect storm kinda deal. Thanks Erik

Sent from my iPhone