Wedding ceremony panorama

Serge Maandag-3
Hi,

it's been a while since I posted on the list, but I felt like sharing a
panorama with the group.

Very good friends of mine got married this week and that gave me the
opportunity to shoot a panorama right in front of them. It's one of those
occasions where (imho) a panorama really is the best thing to capture the
moment.

Hope you like it. The file is quite large, so those with a slow connection
please have some patience :)

http://360photo.org/ellex_wedding.html

Regards,
Serge.

Re: Wedding ceremony panorama

Robert Slade
Beautiful work, and a real momento for the happy couple!

A full screen button would have been a nice addition.

Did you shoot this HDR, or a single exposure? I always have problems
shooting HDR with any pano which contains people - or anything else
which moves!

Regards,
Robert Slade
--

--
Robert Slade, Photographer
Manor Photography 07890 564889
http://www.manor-photography.com

Re: Wedding ceremony panorama

Serge Maandag-3
> Beautiful work, and a real momento for the happy couple!

Thanks! They think so too :)

> A full screen button would have been a nice addition.

Ah, it's in the reworks. The flash page should have one in the left upper
corner. Currently I use Fieros detectvr code. But I think I'll switch to
flash only, with a "smooth hi-res" button that links to a devalvr page.
That viewer is so incredibly smooth. Too bad it doesn't support fisheye or
stereographic perspective.

> Did you shoot this HDR, or a single exposure? I always have problems
> shooting HDR with any pano which contains people - or anything else
> which moves!

Same here. Even a branch waving in the wind can ruin your plans. I shot
this one LDR, but to be on the safe side I took bracketed shots. I picked
the one that seemed to have the best exposure.

Regards,
Serge.

Re: Wedding ceremony panorama

Andy Anderson-4
very good

Andy Anderson
Killeen, TX
Where the stars are big and bright

Re: Wedding ceremony panorama

=Riefa=
A very beautiful panos..:)

Thanks for sharing Serge

Cheers,
Riefa Istamar
Jakarta, Indonesia

--
=Riefa - IDP 117=

Serge Maandag wrote:

>> Did you shoot this HDR, or a single exposure? I always have problems
>> shooting HDR with any pano which contains people - or anything else
>> which moves!
>
> Same here. Even a branch waving in the wind can ruin your plans. I shot
> this one LDR, but to be on the safe side I took bracketed shots. I picked
> the one that seemed to have the best exposure.

It has good detail in the ceiling shadows, and the windows look natural
and not completely blown out. Testament to your exposure skills!

I have shot several HDR panos which include people recently. The
slightest movement can ruin the shot. I can control it to some extent
using alpha channels. But a recent attempt where someone moved in front
of a window during the HDR exposure has proved impossible to make natual
looking. The alpha channel gives a halo around the person because they
are silhouetted against the bright light from the window.

Regards,
Robert
--

--
Robert Slade, Photographer
Manor Photography 07890 564889
http://www.manor-photography.com

Re: Wedding ceremony panorama

Roger Howard-2
I'm getting married on August 1 and we'll be shooting a panorama or
two... thanks for sharing!

For HDR panoramas with subject motion, what I usually end up doing is
a mix of the base layer as a enfuse-blended HDR (if it looks good),
and then I manually composite non-enfused versions, alternating
between very tight manually created masks for some high-frequency
detail, and very very soft blending masks for low-frequency blending
edges. It can be a lot of work, so just depends on if its worth it or
not - always reinforces how much more important starting with good
exposures and proper lighting is - which I almost never get :)

-R

Re: Wedding ceremony panorama

Robert Harshman
--- In [hidden email], "Serge Maandag" <panotools@...> wrote:

>Love the guy in the second row, right - while I know he's probably composing a shot with a P&S it kind of looks like he's styling the womens hair in front of him, very funny :)

Nice work

Robert

Re: Wedding ceremony panorama

Serge Maandag-3
> I have shot several HDR panos which include people recently. The
> slightest movement can ruin the shot. I can control it to some extent
> using alpha channels. But a recent attempt where someone moved in front
> of a window during the HDR exposure has proved impossible to make natual
> looking. The alpha channel gives a halo around the person because they
> are silhouetted against the bright light from the window.

Very recognizable. In Holland there's a saying: "shared grief is half the
grief". So this may sooth those griefs:

I got a bit nervous by all those people staring at me while I shot the
panorama, so I was in a hurry to get to a dark corner where I did not
stand out that much. It took me 5 photo's to realize that I forgot to set
the camera back to auto focus. And some 100 shots to realize that
bracketing was still enabled...

That was by far not the first time I grabbed my forehead saying to myself:
Make yourself a laminated check list, dummy. At times like those I feel I
should be be smeared all over the "Common Idiot error" page :(
<http://wiki.panotools.org/Common_idiot_errors>

Regards,
Serge.

Re: Wedding ceremony panorama

Serge Maandag-3
> and then I manually composite non-enfused versions, alternating
> between very tight manually created masks for some high-frequency
> detail, and very very soft blending masks for low-frequency blending
> edges. It can be a lot of work, so just depends on if its worth it or
> not

Wow,

that sounds like a lot of hard work for sure. There are occasions where
it's worth the effort. Not very likely that a customer would ever pay for
this amount of work though :)

regards,
Serge.

p.s.: thanks, all the other people commenting too!

RE: Wedding ceremony panorama

Sacha Griffin
Lol, I also listen for accidental slow shutter speeds now that are a tip off
of a bracketed shot.

Sacha Griffin

Southern Digital Solutions LLC

http://www.southern-digital.com

http://www.seeit360.net

GMAIL IM: [hidden email]

404-551-4275

> I have shot several HDR panos which include people recently. The
> slightest movement can ruin the shot. I can control it to some extent
> using alpha channels. But a recent attempt where someone moved in front
> of a window during the HDR exposure has proved impossible to make natual
> looking. The alpha channel gives a halo around the person because they
> are silhouetted against the bright light from the window.

Very recognizable. In Holland there's a saying: "shared grief is half the
grief". So this may sooth those griefs:

I got a bit nervous by all those people staring at me while I shot the
panorama, so I was in a hurry to get to a dark corner where I did not
stand out that much. It took me 5 photo's to realize that I forgot to set
the camera back to auto focus. And some 100 shots to realize that
bracketing was still enabled...

That was by far not the first time I grabbed my forehead saying to myself:
Make yourself a laminated check list, dummy. At times like those I feel I
should be be smeared all over the "Common Idiot error" page :(
<http://wiki.panotools.org/Common_idiot_errors>

Regards,
Serge.

Re: Wedding ceremony panorama

gerry11
Can you please help me to search out most romantic themed weddings venue for my party? I was searching from last month for a beautiful venue, but still cannot find any preferred location.