What shall we do with this group.

PanoTools NG mailing list
Hello,

one or the other might remember, I'm one of the panotoolsNG moderators.

Our lovely and once so active PanotoolsNG group seems almost dead. Although we still have 1900+ members and some requests for approval each week apparently no one dares to ask or write something. Where has all this activity gone? To Panoramic Photographers on Facebook? Or to the PTGui and hugin groups?

However, how shall we proceed? I guess I'm not the only one who still reads the group and is willing to answer. So why not simply revive it? Or shall we close it alltogether? What's your opinion?

Please reply anyone, even if you don't have an opinion. I'd just like to know how many still read...

Re: What shall we do with this group.

PanoTools NG mailing list

Hi Erik,

I still read, but agree that it's not nearly as active as it once was. Part of that may be due to the relative maturity of the group and the tools as well.

Maybe I'm sentimental, (or just mental), but I vote for keeping the group. At some point, we'll have a new wave of technology that will spark a fresh round of conversations. Perhaps VR video will be that.

Thanks for your ongoing diligence as a moderator!

Mark

On Apr 26, 2016 11:53 AM, "[hidden email] [PanoToolsNG]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

one or the other might remember, I'm one of the panotoolsNG moderators.

Our lovely and once so active PanotoolsNG group seems almost dead. Although we still have 1900+ members and some requests for approval each week apparently no one dares to ask or write something. Where has all this activity gone? To Panoramic Photographers on Facebook? Or to the PTGui and hugin groups?

However, how shall we proceed? I guess I'm not the only one who still reads the group and is willing to answer. So why not simply revive it? Or shall we close it alltogether? What's your opinion?

Please reply anyone, even if you don't have an opinion. I'd just like to know how many still read...

Erik Krause

__._,_.___

Posted by: Mark Fink <[hidden email]>

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

.

__,_._,___

Re: What shall we do with this group.

I say keep it. If only for the archives. And who knows when someone of the 1900 people might speak up?

one or the other might remember, I'm one of the panotoolsNG moderators.

Our lovely and once so active PanotoolsNG group seems almost dead. Although we still have 1900+ members and some requests for approval each week apparently no one dares to ask or write something. Where has all this activity gone? To Panoramic Photographers on Facebook ? Or to the PTGui and hugin groups?

However, how shall we proceed? I guess I'm not the only one who still reads the group and is willing to answer. So why not simply revive it? Or shall we close it alltogether? What's your opinion?

RE: What shall we do with this group.

LOL, Hi Erik.

I still read it. This is the first thing I’ve seen in years!

I haven’t stitched a pano in PTGui in years J These days I fool around with Dermander app on my Galaxy Note 4.

Still, I like to be in the loop.

Flash

Re: What shall we do with this group.

Erik:

Thanks for being such a capable and interested leader.

I am no longer take many panos.
However, I am still interested in keeping up with changing panos techniques and knowledge.

-Terry-

> On Apr 26, 2016, at 11:53 AM, [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> one or the other might remember, I'm one of the panotoolsNG moderators.
>
> Our lovely and once so active PanotoolsNG group seems almost dead. Although we still have 1900+ members and some requests for approval each week apparently no one dares to ask or write something. Where has all this activity gone? To Panoramic Photographers on Facebook? Or to the PTGui and hugin groups?
>
> However, how shall we proceed? I guess I'm not the only one who still reads the group and is willing to answer. So why not simply revive it? Or shall we close it alltogether? What's your opinion?
>
> Please reply anyone, even if you don't have an opinion. I'd just like to know how many still read...
>
> Erik Krause

Re: What shall we do with this group.

Hi Erick,
I'm probably not one that you would remember at all, but I still
download the mail from this group.  I was active here way back when you
had the difficulties with the old group and moved to the ng group.  I
was learning how to do pano's and gleaned alot of great and valubable
info from this group.  However, I started getting "snotty" replies from
select members who seemed to think they were the total all knowing.  Any
question asked should be answered respectfully and without making the
person asking the question feel like a complete idiot.

So I stopped posting and just read the mail...got my questions answered
from other sources and now operate profitabley in my own niche...
So if you decide to keep it active, maybe you want to look at the
attitude of those who reply to members questions...Take a look at the
southern "experts"

On 4/26/2016 12:53:28 PM, "[hidden email] [PanoToolsNG]"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>one or the other might remember, I'm one of the panotoolsNG moderators.
>
>Our lovely and once so active PanotoolsNG group seems almost dead.
>Although we still have 1900+ members and some requests for approval
>each week apparently no one dares to ask or write something. Where has
>all this activity gone? To Panoramic Photographers on Facebook? Or to
>the PTGui and hugin groups?
>
>However, how shall we proceed? I guess I'm not the only one who still
>reads the group and is willing to answer. So why not simply revive it?
>Or shall we close it alltogether? What's your opinion?
>
>Please reply anyone, even if you don't have an opinion. I'd just like
>to know how many still read...
>
>Erik Krause

AW: [PanoToolsNG] What shall we do with this group.

Hi Erik:

We follow this group - don´t let it die!

Have fun

Marc

MK PANORAMA SYSTEME
Lerchenweg 21a
D-21224 Rosengarten
Phone +49 (0) 177 40 66 171
Free recall / kostenloser Rückruf
Fax +49 (0) 4105 692672
skype: marc.kairies.de
[hidden email]
www.marc-kairies.de

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [PanoToolsNG] What shall we do with this group.

RE: What shall we do with this group.

Hello Erik,

I still read every post on this list. And would love to see it revive like the old days.

It will be very sad to see this PanotoolsNG group of great photographers die.

Best wishes from Mexico City.

Roberto.

====================

Roberto Gómez Torres

Tiempo Digital

Mexico, D.F.

 <http://www.tiempo-digital.com/> www.tiempo-digital.com

====================

Re: What shall we do with this group.

PanoTools NG mailing list
what about a real forum / board instead?

This yahoo group is really outdated.

Von meinem iPhone 6S gesendet

Am 26.04.2016 um 19:11 schrieb Mark Simons:

> what about a real forum / board instead?
> This yahoo group is really outdated.

Forums are outdated as well. And given that most activity is on PPF
nowadays, i won't start just another board.

Re: What shall we do with this group.

I still read it when there is something to read.   😃

_________
 .  | homas

> On Apr 26, 2016, at 12:53, [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> one or the other might remember, I'm one of the panotoolsNG moderators.
>
> Our lovely and once so active PanotoolsNG group seems almost dead. Although we still have 1900+ members and some requests for approval each week apparently no one dares to ask or write something. Where has all this activity gone? To Panoramic Photographers on Facebook? Or to the PTGui and hugin groups?
>
> However, how shall we proceed? I guess I'm not the only one who still reads the group and is willing to answer. So why not simply revive it? Or shall we close it alltogether? What's your opinion?
>
> Please reply anyone, even if you don't have an opinion. I'd just like to know how many still read...
>
> Erik Krause

RE: What shall we do with this group.

I still look occasionally, not doing much with panos these days.

Re: What shall we do with this group.

Hi Erik

Thanks for the post. I occasionally dabble in panos - but that tends to be
just to serve my own apps  ie

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/houghton-revisited/id660913212?mt=8

Not looked at how technique has changed for 5 or 6 years! But still keep an
eye out for these posts

Tudor

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:53 PM, [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> one or the other might remember, I'm one of the panotoolsNG moderators.
>
> Our lovely and once so active PanotoolsNG group seems almost dead.
> Although we still have 1900+ members and some requests for approval each
> week apparently no one dares to ask or write something. Where has all this
> activity gone? To Panoramic Photographers on Facebook? Or to the PTGui
> and hugin groups?
>
> However, how shall we proceed? I guess I'm not the only one who still
> reads the group and is willing to answer. So why not simply revive it? Or
> shall we close it alltogether? What's your opinion?
>
> Please reply anyone, even if you don't have an opinion. I'd just like to
> know how many still read...
>
> Erik Krause

Re: What shall we do with this group.

I have benefitted from this group, thank you all. I've Ben able identify
some excellent photographers and view their work online. I don't feel savvy
enough to respond to questions. I use a Canon 5d with 8mm sigma and the
Manfrotto panorama head. I wonder with new cell phone pano apps whether
there commercial markets is diminished. Plus the RTV Tours and other online
platforms what the directions are for the future. With that in mind I hope
this group gets re-energized.

--
Mark Wellman, Partner
Strategistics, LLC

VISTAGE Chair

349 Center Street
Bangor, ME  04401
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markwellman
www.necost.com <http://www.markwellman.com>
207.478.7723

Re: What shall we do with this group.

I read it when it comes in.

Re: What shall we do with this group.

I honestly forgot about this group :-~
Hans

Op 26 apr. 2016, om 18:53 heeft [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

> Hello,
>
> one or the other might remember, I'm one of the panotoolsNG moderators.
>
> Our lovely and once so active PanotoolsNG group seems almost dead. Although we still have 1900+ members and some requests for approval each week apparently no one dares to ask or write something. Where has all this activity gone? To Panoramic Photographers on Facebook? Or to the PTGui and hugin groups?
>
> However, how shall we proceed? I guess I'm not the only one who still reads the group and is willing to answer. So why not simply revive it? Or shall we close it alltogether? What's your opinion?
>
> Please reply anyone, even if you don't have an opinion. I'd just like to know how many still read...
>
> Erik Krause

Re: What shall we do with this group.

I read the list and will continue to read it. I don't have as much time anymore to reply to many questions. If the question is basic and I answered several times before I hope that someone else will speak up.

When the question is new idea and I have something to share I will.

When traveling, when I am now I spend even less time reading this list. Facebook I read all the time.

The Wiki is our best resource. It needs to be updated with new topics.

Jim Watters

Jim Watters

Re: What shall we do with this group.

I would close it.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:53 AM, [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> one or the other might remember, I'm one of the panotoolsNG moderators.
>
> Our lovely and once so active PanotoolsNG group seems almost dead.
> Although we still have 1900+ members and some requests for approval each
> week apparently no one dares to ask or write something. Where has all this
> activity gone? To Panoramic Photographers on Facebook? Or to the PTGui
> and hugin groups?
>
> However, how shall we proceed? I guess I'm not the only one who still
> reads the group and is willing to answer. So why not simply revive it? Or
> shall we close it alltogether? What's your opinion?
>
> Please reply anyone, even if you don't have an opinion. I'd just like to
> know how many still read...
>
> Erik Krause

RE: What shall we do with this group.

Hi Erik and all,

I’m still reading the mails. I’m not on facebook, but read this mail list and the PTGui mails as well.

Thanks for your efforts, and best regards,  Claudia

Re: What shall we do with this group.

Hi Erik,

I am still reading and creating panoramas.  I have a few up here:

  http://andrewcrawford.me/Static/Panoramas.html

Though I tend to ask questions on tool-specific forums, I'm for keeping
the group around. Lots of very talented and dedicated panoramic
photographers on the list.

Cheers,

--
Andrew Crawford