What shall we do with this group.

Re: What shall we do with this group.

am here, maybe once a week, lurking

Re: What shall we do with this group.

PanoTools NG mailing list
Not as popular as it once was. Still listening.

On 2017-08-01 10:35 PM, [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] wrote:
> am here, maybe once a week, lurking

> Posted by: [hidden email]

Re: What shall we do with this group.

PanoTools NG mailing list

> On 2 Aug. 2017, at 4:35 pm, Jim Watters [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not as popular as it once was. Still listening.

Technologies come, go, undergo metamorphosis … but you never know when a curly question can only be solved by a group of like minded people. Those who still lurk here, unseen and largely unheard unless someone posts a problem, have a breadth of knowledge that would be hard to find elsewhere. Our time may yet come again ...

Re: What shall we do with this group.

I'm still lurking here. I have all the equipment to do hi des 360s. But not
the marketing savvy to sell my services nor which player is best to plug in
on a website. I have a Canon 5 D MKIV, Canon 17 - 40mm plus a Samsung 8mm
fisheye, Mancrotto 360s, ptgui pro, and use LR CC and PS CC. I shoot
commercial gigs for architects and engineers. I am in process of writing a
wordpress website. Any advice one would care to share would be appreciated.
Thank you.
--
Mark Wellman, President
New England Cost Management <http://www.necost.com>
207.478.7723

Going professional (was: What shall we do with this group.)

PanoTools NG mailing list
Am 02.08.2017 um 12:48 schrieb Mark Wellman:
> I'm still lurking here. I have all the equipment to do hi des 360s. But not
> the marketing savvy to sell my services ...

Well, you need to be marketing savvy in this business. I'm not either
and I decided 10 years ago not to go for the professional way. This way
I'm free to do what I want, not what the client wants. I don't need to
calculate whether something pays or not. And I can experiment and try
out things where a professional never has the time for...

> ... nor which player is best to plug in
> on a website.

krpano and pano2vr are probably the most sophisticated ones. krpano if
you are a coder and pano2vr if you are mor of a user. Apart of that are
a few open source ones, f.e. marzipano, but I'm far from having the
overview here.

Re: Going professional (was: What shall we do with this group.)

PanoTools NG mailing list
Thank you for your input.

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 12:51 PM Erik Krause [hidden email]

207.478.7723

Re: Going professional (was: What shall we do with this group.)

> On 3 Aug. 2017, at 2:50 am, Erik Krause [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Well, you need to be marketing savvy in this business. I'm not either
> and I decided 10 years ago not to go for the professional way. This way
> I'm free to do what I want, not what the client wants. I don't need to
> calculate whether something pays or not. And I can experiment and try
> out things where a professional never has the time for...

Hi Erik! Can you share some of your recent work? I’m also dropping “professional" for “creative” and always looking for inspiration.

Cheers,
KathyW.

Re: Going professional

PanoTools NG mailing list
Am 02.08.2017 um 23:13 schrieb [hidden email]:
> Hi Erik! Can you share some of your recent work? I’m also dropping
> “professional" for “creative” and always looking for inspiration.

Nothing special, it's all on 360cities:

 > https://www.360cities.net/search/Erik%20Krause/6?tab=panoramas

(the most recent ones, you can go back from there)

and on WWP:

> http://www.worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwppeople/index.html#ErikKrause

Re: What shall we do with this group.

Still here and lurking, I read through the ones that interest me. Learn
things. I think it is still a good thing.

Alan

Alan Smallbone
www.aps-photo.com

Re: What shall we do with this group.

PanoTools NG mailing list
Most of what I know about taking panoramas and making good use of PTgui I learnt here. I still read the posts and find I still have things to learn (and occasionally hints to pass on). I would be sad to see it closed.

Roger

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 1:08 PM, Alan Smallbone [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Still here and lurking, I read through the ones that interest me. Learn things. I think it is still a good thing.
>
> Alan
>
> --
>
> Alan Smallbone
> www.aps-photo.com