Wide Angle adapter

PanoTools NG mailing list
Yesterday at a car boot (like a multi person yard sale, for those in the USA),
I bought a Sunagor 0.42x Super Wider semi fish eye adapter.

A quick search tells me they're not the best quality, but it was only
£1.00 ($1.60).

I don't have an SLR, but I do have a Canon A630 with a filter adapter.

Does anyone know what the thread is on the Sunagor - some
brief experimentation with items I have lying around says it's bigger
than 52mm and smaller than 55mm.

Is it of any use on my camera (the built in lens is 35-140mm equivalent) ?
I understand that very wide angle lens have rather "interesting" optics.

Or should I just dump it out on eBay and stop wasting my time?

  BugBear