Quantcast

Y P R drone vs Y P R hugin

PanoTools NG mailing list
Greetings,  About Yaw Pitch and Roll, I would like to know , what is the
relationship between YPR of the drone with YPR hugin's values?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

S.

Re: Y P R drone vs Y P R hugin

PanoTools NG mailing list
Am 26.01.2017 um 18:08 schrieb Shendry Rosero V:
> Greetings,  About Yaw Pitch and Roll, I would like to know , what is the
> relationship between YPR of the drone with YPR hugin's values?

No idea. That would most likely depend on your drone. Are they input or
output? If output, are they absolute? It's true that panotools
coordinate system has been derived from aviation coordinate system but
I've no idea how they relate to each other physically. Most likely you
will have to find out.

Re: Y P R drone vs Y P R hugin

PanoTools NG mailing list
Thanks for you time, I mean Yaw Pitch  and Roll as input, then how is hugin
gets Yaw Pith and Roll for the panosphere.

Am 26.01.2017 um 21:56 schrieb Shendry Rosero V:
> Thanks for you time, I mean Yaw Pitch  and Roll as input, then how is hugin
> gets Yaw Pith and Roll for the panosphere.

YPR as input for your drone most probably causes your drone to turn in
the desired way. I don't understand your question. What do you want to
achieve? What is your setup and what is the problem?

If it is about shooting aerial panoramas than make sure you have enough
overlap so that control points can be set. hugin will stitch your
panorama based on this. Make sure your drone doesn't change the
viewpoint or else you would have to deal with parallax problems.

I see you asked the same question in the hugin group. Why did you use a
different email and name?

Re: Y P R drone vs Y P R hugin

PanoTools NG mailing list
Thanks a lot for your time and thanks for your responses, I will try to
clarify mi proposal in order to get an better solution:

--I want to get a better mosaic (hugin for defect or than ODM [open] pix4,
agisoft[priced])

--Obtjetive1: add Y P R to process imagery in order to get better so far now
--Objetive2: to know relationship between YPR (drone) YPR(by hugin) son
Objetive 1
--Problem: to insert YPR did'nt give to me better results (mosaic from
aereal imagery from drones)

- yes,  I have enough overlap

Thannks again, I did use two names for error at the moment when I joined to
htne group, my actual name is Shendry

Shendry R.

Am 27.01.2017 um 17:24 schrieb Shendry Rosero V:

> --I want to get a better mosaic (hugin for defect or than ODM [open] pix4,
> agisoft[priced])

Does mosaic mean you don't shoot from the same viewpoint, like for an
aerial map?

Hugin is designed to stitch panoramas taken from the same viewpoint.
Yaw, pitch and roll are the camera directions relative to this single
viewpoint.

In aviation these coordinates are relative to the flight direction. So
as soon as you fly in either direction hugins and your drones
coordinates will have nothing in common. Only if you turn on the spot
there might be a relationship for yaw, if you tilt the camera down for
pitch. If your drone rolls sideways (on the spot) roll might change.

However, all this won't help to get a better stitch. At best it might
help to pre-align images. The main problem is that your drone will not
stay on the spot but move due to wind gusts or navigation imprecision.
This causes parallax and hence potentially unrecoverable errors.

In case you want to take a mosaic (take an image straight down, fly a
distance, take next image and so on), you face this same parallax
problems. This can be improved if you fly high, use a longer focal
length and shoot with large overlap. Same as for linear street panoramas:
http://www.dojoe.net/tutorials/linear-pano/
https://cloudacm.com/?p=2577
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/Mosaic-mode/en.shtml
Or search on your own:
https://www.google.com/search?q=hugin+linear+panoramas

Re: Y P R drone vs Y P R hugin

PanoTools NG mailing list
Thanks a lot. (with your responses)  I get it a better idea

S.R