hugin "low color resolution" on stitched pano

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

hugin "low color resolution" on stitched pano

PanoTools NG mailing list

Hi All

I am trying to stitch a 360x60 pano and hugin is like loosing color
resolution when doing its job.

It's easier to to see than to explain. I am pretty sure it is a matter of
parameter tuning but I can't find it.
It looks like I'm back to the good and old VGA days!

The right attached image is the original, the left image is a fragment of
the stitched pano.
Watch for the sky and snow texture. The stitched is pretty saturated.

What did I do wrong?

Hugin is 2013.0.0 running on a 64 bit Ubuntu 13.10.

Regards

Ethy

gkrellShoot_10-23-14_231001.jpg (258K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: hugin "low color resolution" on stitched pano

PanoTools NG mailing list
http://www.rozenek.com/hugin-enfused-panorama-picture-is-too-bright/ - try
this???

 

 

 

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 24 October 2014 02:18
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [PanoToolsNG] hugin "low color resolution" on stitched pano

 

 


Hi All

I am trying to stitch a 360x60 pano and hugin is like loosing color
resolution when doing its job.

It's easier to to see than to explain. I am pretty sure it is a matter of
parameter tuning but I can't find it.
It looks like I'm back to the good and old VGA days!

The right attached image is the original, the left image is a fragment of
the stitched pano.
Watch for the sky and snow texture. The stitched is pretty saturated.

What did I do wrong?

Hugin is 2013.0.0 running on a 64 bit Ubuntu 13.10.

Regards

Ethy





---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: hugin "low color resolution" on stitched pano

PanoTools NG mailing list
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 07:26:48 +0100
"'Pawel Rozenek' [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.rozenek.com/hugin-enfused-panorama-picture-is-too-bright/ -
> try this???

Thanx mr. Rozenek

But... Nope!

enblend --compression=LZW --no-ciecam -w -f25772x3181+0+364 -o IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_3066.tif -- IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660000.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660001.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660002.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660003.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660004.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660005.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660006.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660007.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660008.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660009.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660010.tif IMG_3054\ -\ IMG_30660011.tif
enblend: unknown option "--no-ciecam"
Try "enblend --help" for more information.

$ enblend -V
enblend 4.0-753b534c819d

Copyright (C) 2004-2009 Andrew Mihal.
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by Andrew Mihal and others.


I think I do not have the same issue your page states.
The intermediary files created by nona are already "saturated".
I did not attached any of them because they are too big. (must I?)

Any thoughts?

Regards

Ethy


>
>  
>
>  
>
>  
>
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: 24 October 2014 02:18
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [PanoToolsNG] hugin "low color resolution" on stitched pano
>
>  
>
>  
>
>
> Hi All
>
> I am trying to stitch a 360x60 pano and hugin is like loosing color
> resolution when doing its job.
>
> It's easier to to see than to explain. I am pretty sure it is a matter of
> parameter tuning but I can't find it.
> It looks like I'm back to the good and old VGA days!
>
> The right attached image is the original, the left image is a fragment of
> the stitched pano.
> Watch for the sky and snow texture. The stitched is pretty saturated.
>
> What did I do wrong?
>
> Hugin is 2013.0.0 running on a 64 bit Ubuntu 13.10.
>
> Regards
>
> Ethy
>
>
>
>
>
> ---
> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
> protection is active. http://www.avast.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: hugin "low color resolution" on stitched pano

PanoTools NG mailing list

On 10/24/2014, at 11:48 PM, 'Ethy H. Brito' [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] wrote:
> I think I do not have the same issue your page states.
> The intermediary files created by nona are already "saturated".
> I did not attached any of them because they are too big. (must I?)


Can you put some example files on the 'net somewhere and post a URL?

Cheers,
KathyW.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: hugin "low color resolution" on stitched pano

PanoTools NG mailing list
On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 07:10:59 +1100
"Kathy Wheeler [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On 10/24/2014, at 11:48 PM, 'Ethy H. Brito' [hidden email]
> [PanoToolsNG] wrote:
> > I think I do not have the same issue your page states.
> > The intermediary files created by nona are already "saturated".
> > I did not attached any of them because they are too big. (must I?)
>
>
> Can you put some example files on the 'net somewhere and post a URL?

Ok.
Please note:
        1) at the time I took these I had no knowledge of alignment and
        so (not that I have now!);
        2) I did not expect, in any moment, that this panorama stitch were
        perfect. Nothing is so far from the truth;
        3) I am trying to learn hugin/pano2vr and get used to the workflow.

Well, that being said, you can find the whole thing (original images,
intermediary tiff and hugin project .pto file) here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/an5zcbv8vn1odee/Vale%20Nevado.zip?dl=0
(very huge file indeed!)

Any constructive comments are welcome.

regards

Ethy


>
> Cheers,
> KathyW.
>
> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: Kathy Wheeler <[hidden email]>
> ------------------------------------
>
> --
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: hugin "low color resolution" on stitched pano

PanoTools NG mailing list
Am 24.10.2014 22:56, schrieb Ethy H. Brito:
> Well, that being said, you can find the whole thing (original images,
> intermediary tiff and hugin project .pto file) here:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/an5zcbv8vn1odee/Vale%20Nevado.zip?dl=0
> (very huge file indeed!)

Too huge in fact for a quick look (for me). Please try the following:
Remove all but one image from the project. If it still happens, provide
that project for download.

If it doesn't happen, try with two images.

It might be worth also to ask in the hugin list, since this seems to be
hugin specific: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/hugin-ptx

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de


------------------------------------

------------------------------------

--
<*> Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
<*> User Guidelines: http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines
<*> Nabble (Web) http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/
<*> NG Member Map http://www.panomaps.com/ng
<*> Moderators/List Admins: [hidden email]

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [hidden email]
    [hidden email]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
    https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/