nikon 10.5 fisheye lens

Is it better than 8mm Samyang?
I have an opportunity of buying it for $385 used. Should I?

A Kielcz
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

Re: nikon 10.5 fisheye lens

PanoTools NG mailing list
I have had a 10.5mm for more than 10 years and just bought a Rokinon/Samyang 8mm and so far they have tested amazingly similar. I haven't tested for flair yet but did use the 8mm at the Dragon V2 unveiling last night and was surprised by the results. The only thing I don't like is the 8mm is difficult to focus. I find the 10.5mm easier to focus. the downside of the 8mm will be durability since it an all plastic body but the $214 I paid for the 8mm it's a pretty amazing lens.

On May 30, 2014, at 10:03 AM, A Kielcz [hidden email] [PanoToolsNG] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it better than 8mm Samyang?
> I have an opportunity of buying it for $385 used. Should I?
>
> A Kielcz
> Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

Cheers
Robert Fisher